I really think I may have found my most favourite treat ever. Just look how amazing these Rocky Road Crunch Bars are <3
I used this recipe from Nigella, it’s so quick and easy to make although it’s definitely not recommended if you’re on a diet 😉 Which I’m not. So that’s why I’ve eaten three so far today and it’s only 11am. I’m not even sorry, but I do feel a little bit sick. Oops.
- 125g butter
- 300g dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200 grams rich tea biscuits
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar (for dusting)
- Melt the butter, broken-up chocolate and golden syrup in a saucepan. Pour out 125ml of the melted mixture and set to one side, you’ll need it later.
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin or break them up with your hands. You want crumbs and biscuit pieces.
- Add the biscuit pieces and crumbs into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan and mix together. Add the marshmallows and mix well.
- Tip into a foil tray (24cm / 9 inch square) or a cake tin lined with tin foil and flatten as much as possible. You remember that mixture you set to one side? Pour it all over the marshmallow mixture and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into slices or squares and dust with icing sugar.
- Enjoy and try not to eat them all at once!!
- Time: About 10 minutes (plus 2 hours cooling time).
- Difficulty rating: This is so easy to make and you don’t even need to do any cooking!
- Taste: I think I’m a little bit addicted to these, they’re chocolatey, biscuity and marshmallowy; all things I love! You can eat them straight from the fridge or leave out to warm up for little while!
- Would I make them again?: I’m planning to make some more this weekend because they’re so good and because the first batch are nearly gone!!
- Verdict: 5/5.
Are you a Rocky Road fan? Would these be something you’d want to try yourself? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
Oh my god I bloody love me a bit of Rocky Road and these look so delicious. I’ve just baked some lemon cupcakes and now I’m regretting that because I want these instead! haha.xx
I’m sorry! I bet the lemon cupcakes are nice though? I’m making some more later for my pole fitness class though! 😁 Xx
I need to try this recipe now! It’s the month of Ramadan and you’ve got me wanting this haha! I think I may make it for dessert <3! I can't believe how easy it is hun- thank you for sharing 🙂
lots of love,
Ramsha | Rose
Ah I’m so sorry! You could make them tonight and pop them I the fridge and they’ll be ready for tomorrow night! Xc
Ah I’m so sorry! You could make them tonight and pop them I the fridge and they’ll be ready for tomorrow night! Xx
WOW HOLLY!! These look AMAZING!!!!!! :O :O :O :O :O I have a feeling I might be making these this week!!!!! >.< Thanks for the recipe!! xoxo
They taste pretty damned good too! I’m making another batch this week 😁😁
I hope you enjoy making them xx
Oh wow I could so eat these right now, they looks amazing xx
Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie
I’ve just bought more ingredients so I can make another batch. Oops 😀😀 xx
Oh these look amazing! I bet they tasted so yummy too! I love how there are so little ingredients, that’s my kind of baking haha might have to give these a try!! xx
I ADORE ROCKY ROADS! I’ve actually tried this recipe before and it’s pretty damn tasty! 🙂
These look yummy!!
Oh my god! This looks AMAZING! <3
Paula / http://insertmyblognamehere.blogspot.com
They taste so good too 😀😀