It’s been absolutely ages since I went and bought myself lots of new clothes. Partly because I’ve never really liked shopping (as I never know what size I’ll be in any given shop) and partly because I seem to have been losing a bit of weight recently (yay for pole fitness and my new hobby; hula hooping!) and I didn’t want to have to buy even more clothes in a couple of months’ time.
But while in Brighton a few weeks ago I popped into H&M and picked up a few bits! I was a bit disappointed that I couldn’t get any of the jeans I wanted in store, so I had a look on their website and while they were having a 10% off and free delivery week, I picked up my first two pairs of skinny jeans! OMG!
I wore some of my new clothes (and my new obsession; space buns with a dark lip) when I went up to London a couple of weekends ago with Áine to attend my first Professional Beauty Show (which is a massive trade show for makeup brands, wholesale salon equipment and lots of tanning and nail products!) You can check out her vlog here.
The clothes I was wearing:
- Outer clothes/accessories: I wore my pastel blanket scarf from M&S (which featured in my recent favourites post, but it doesn’t seem to be available online anymore) and my pink skater duffel coat from ASOS (which featured in a favourites post way back in November 2015, but also isn’t available anymore). The bag is a really old one from Accessorize and my heart necklace is from Scarlett Jewellery*.
- Outfit: I wore my new Trouble Maker jersey top (which I bought in-store) and my new pair of dark blue skinny jeans which are both from H&M.
- Shoes: I finished off the look with my beloved Dainty Mids by Converse.
The make-up I was wearing:
- Base: I wore my mattifying pore minimising witch hazel primer by Collection with the Rainforest of the Sea foundation (in the shade light neutral) on top by Tarte.
- Brows and eyes: My brows were filled in using the Brow Stylist (in the shade light) from Sleek. On my lashes, I used the Scandaleyes Extreme Mascara from Rimmel. On my upper lids I wore some gel eyeliner from KISS* and on the lower lash line I had a little bit of the Eau La La eyeliner on (in the shade Noir) from Sleek*.
- Cheeks: I used the Solstice highlighter (in the shade Equinox) by Sleek on my cheekbones, for the blush I used Rose Frisson by Bourjois and for a hint of contour, I used my Face Form palette (in the shade Fair) from Sleek.
- Lips: I used a clear lip liner from MUA to line my lips and for the colour, I wore my Be Legendary Lipstick (in the shade Skinny Jeans) from Smashbox*.
- Finishing: I finished the whole look off with some setting powder (in the shade translucent) from NYX.
Oh and just quickly, I thought I’d show you what I bought at the PB show, just in case you were curious! I was very restrained at NYX and only bought one single solitary lip cream in Monte Carlo which is a lovely dark red shade.
We were nearly done at the show when I spotted the Spectrum stall and after a lot of debate about which ones to buy, I picked up these beautiful eye brushes and this cute little clam brush cleaner 🙂
Where’s your favourite place to shop and what trends are you currently loving? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*This post contains some products which were previously gifted to me but all views are my own.