Word seems to have got out that Mr Bear is a little pro cat blogger. Would that make him a #catblogger?
Anyway, after his foray into the world of food sampling, he’s now testing out the latest technology from Surefeed; a motion sensor cat food bowl! It’s totally gone to his head and he’s demanding his own blog! I don’t think so buddy!
The Surefeed sealed pet bowl is a really innovative way of keeping cat food fresh and stopping flies landing on the food, which means less food is thrown away.
When Mr Bear approaches the food bowl, the lid opens due to the motion sensors around the outside, he can eat for as long as he wants and once he starts walking away, the lid closes until he approaches again!
- First Impressions: He seemed quite keen to try it out so we put it in the same spot he always eats in so he didn’t get confused. It’s also out of the way enough that J and I didn’t set off the sensor every time we walked past! It took a little while for Mr Bear to get the confidence to get close enough for the lid to open, so we put it on training mode for a while which opened the lid slightly so he could smell the food. This got him closer to the bowl which set the sensor off and the lid fully opened.
- How did he get on?: Once he was used to it, he was absolutely fine and now patiently sits by his bowl at meal times!
- Value for money: It retails for about £50 which seems a lot for a pet bowl, but we do love that the food stays fresher so he eats more of it and we waste a lot less. It also appealed to J as he’s the technology lover in our house!
- Will he use it again?: Mr Bear seems to be really happy using it so I don’t think we’d bother going back to a normal bowl now.
- Anything else you need to know?: It takes 4 C batteries which last for about 6 months (we got ours from Poundland; bargain!). You can’t put the removable bowl in the dishwasher, but it’s so ridiculously easy to wipe clean. You can also get different coloured bowls, if you’re into that sort of thing 🙂
- Verdict: 4.5/5.
Do you think you’d get the Surefeed sealed pet bowl for your cats? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*This was kindly sent to Mr Bear for him to test out but all views are Bear’s and a little bit mine.
Would be so much better if it was able to keep the food fresh with a chill compartment for a freezer block.
Agreed but at least it keeps the bugs and flies out 😊😊
Love it! Such a good idea! And your cat is a real sweetie as well 🐱💞
He says thank you 😻😻
Any pet product is only as good as if the pet will actually use it! This sounds like an awesome concept – I like that there’s even a training mode.
The training mode is amazing, it helped him get used to working out the bowl 😊
This is really clever! I love it x http://www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x
It’s really clever and it keeps the food fresh. I think it’s very good, never seen one like this before.
I hadn’t either but it’s such a great idea 😊