A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my top five Disney films and I said I was going to do a follow up post about my top five Disney Pixar films; so here it is!
- The Incredibles – This is such an underrated Pixar film and I have no idea why! Bob Parr and his wife, Helen, are famous superheroes who are forced into civilian life due to various mishaps. 15 years, and three children who have also developed super powers later, an evil genius threatens world destruction and they come out of hiding to protect the world. My favourite characters are Violet, their daughter and Edna Mode, the superheroes costume designer (NO CAPES!!)
- WALL.E – Oh my goodness, where do I start? I love, love, love this film! WALL.E is a robot designed to tidy up Earth so it’ll one day be habitable again. WALL.E is just adorable and he loves collecting the trinkets left behind by the humans. When he finds a seedling, his life changes forever because EVE, a lady robot, lands on Earth to scan the planet for signs of life. Despite the fact that neither WALL.E nor EVE speak English, their way of communicating is adorable. You also get to see what happened to all the humans and why they’re no longer on the planet!
- UP – If you can get past the most brutal opening scene EVER, you will probably love this film. It will make you cry and if you don’t, there’s something wrong with your eyes. Seriously. There’s a crotchety old man called Carl, Russell the enthusiastic Wilderness Explorer (think boy scout) and a talking dog called Doug. Oh and they go on an adventure in Carl’s house which floats using balloons. What more could you possibly want? Fine, there’s a rare bird too!
- Monster’s Inc/University – Okay, I know these are two films, but as they’re essentially the same, I thought I’d add them in as one!! Monster’s Inc follows the story of James P. Sullivan and Mike Wazowski. They both work at the scare factory which is designed to scare children in their sleep and their screams create energy which powers Monstropolis. It all starts to go wrong when a child accidentally enters their world. I love the relationship between Sulley and Boo, it’s just the sweetest thing ever, and she’s so cute when they dress her as a baby monster!! If you don’t cry at the end, you’re possibly dead inside. Just sayin’.
- The second instalment, Monster’s University, is the prequel and you get to see how the friendship between Sully and Mike forms. It follows them through university and there are plenty of laughs and sweet moments. One of the characters I love is Sherri Squibbles, especially the scene when she’s sitting in her car listening to her tunes!! My absolute favourite character though will always be Sulley and I’m gutted that I didn’t get to meet him properly at Disneyland (although I did see him in the parade ♥) J bought me a massive cuddly Sulley for our first Christmas together!!
- Ratatouille – Remy is a rat living in France who dreams of making it as a chef. Linguini is human and an awful chef who, with the help of Remy, becomes the top chef at Gusteau’s. But what happens when the customers, and more importantly one of the most important food critics in France, finds out that a rat has been cooking up a storm in the kitchen?
I also have to mention the Toy Story trilogy because although I absolutely love it, it didn’t quite make the top five … If it was a list of my top six, then it would have definitely been on the list!!
What Disney Pixar films are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x