As you can probably guess by the title, these are my favourite Disney films and I’ve added my favourite song (or songs) from each as well! I haven’t included any Disney Pixar films because I’ve done a separate post on them.
- Tangled – This has to be my all-time favourite Disney film. I love Flynn and his charming vulnerability, Rapunzel and her excitement about going outside for the first time, the songs (my favourite is the Healing Incantation that Rapunzel sings to make her hair glow ♥), the storyline, the lantern scene; it’s just all beautiful. This film is the only one on the list that I don’t actually own on DVD because I bought it from the Google Play Store instead, which means I can watch it wherever I have my phone on me 🙂 I’d really love to get a Tangled inspired tattoo one day, I’ve just got to work out what I want and where I’m going to put it!!
- Sleeping Beauty – This was my favourite Disney film when I was a child. Apart from Aurora herself, my favourite characters were the fairies. I loved it when they were trying not to use magic and Fauna was making Briar Rose’s birthday cake (“two eggs; fold in gently!”). I also loved it when they decided to use their magic but couldn’t agree on the colour of the dress. Now I’m older, although I still love those parts, I also love Maleficent as the villain.
- Mulan – I love this film because it finally shows a Disney princess as as kick-ass warrior who would go to any lengths to help her family and country. Also, who doesn’t love belting out all the words to Make a Man out of You at full volume? “We must be swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire, mysterious as the dark side of the moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon” I’m not even sorry that you’re now more than likely singing this in your heads (or out loud) 😀
- Enchanted – I love that this film is half Disney animation and half live action and I think Amy Adams was cast perfectly. Not only can she sing, but she really encapsulates the happy, upbeat personality of a Disney princess. My favourite song from this has to be “That’s How You Know” in the middle of the film. I love the scepticism of Robert who wonders how everyone knows all the words and the music 😀
- Aladdin – I think my favourite character from Aladdin is Rajah, the tiger. He seems quite anthropomorphised and I’d love to have him as my own pet (although I’m not sure how Mr Bear would feel). This Disney film feels a lot more fast-paced and I love that it focuses more on Aladdin than it does Jasmine. My favourite songs from this one are the opening one; Arabian Nights and, of course, Friend Like Me. I think Robin Williams was incredible in this film as the Genie ♥
What are your favourite Disney films? Are any of yours on the list? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
JUSTICE FOR TANGLED! Hahaha sorry I got excited there. I feel like people always choose Frozen or something over this film but Tangled is sooooo good. Really enjoyed this list!
I know, Tangled wa so much more enjoyable for me!! 🙂
YASSSSS!!! Enchanted is deffo in my top 5 also… I love Amy Adams and I also love the songs in this film! XX http://www.sopherina.co.uk
It’s such an underrated film!! I love all the characters and the music is brilliant 🙂 xx
I love Tangled, and I’ll always think that it’s far superior to Frozen. My favourite ones always changes but it usually has Sword in the Stone in it, and now probably Zootopia too.
Definitely, I much prefer it but it didn’t receive the same acclaim 🙁 Zootopia is on my list of ones to watch!!
I love tangled! I also love fox and the hound too. Looking forward to the Pixar!
I’d forgotten about that film, think I’ve only seen it once!! x
Love this! Think my top 5 would be totally different deffo Peter Pan and Mary poppins would be in there, though other than Milan I love all the films you’ve mentioned! Looking forward to your pixar list!
I was never into Peter Pan, I like Mary Poppins though. It’ll be coming soon!! 🙂 x
There so many amazing Disney films! Tangled, Big Hero 6, Mulan, Pocahontas, Zootopia are just a couple of favorites that I can name on the top of my head. ♥
I loved Big Hero Six, I keep wanting to buy it on the Google Play store but it’s about £15 at the moment!! xx
I love love love Tangled! And Lilo and Stitch is one of my favourites – I dressed my french bulldog up as a Stitch, he really appreciated it. The Lion King and Pocahontas were always my favourite Disney films!
Hels x http://www.thehelsproject.com
OMG, that I have to see!!!! Bet he looked super cute xx
Oh My God I pretty much agree all the way with you on these. I do, however have a huge soft spot for Princess and the Frog, mainly because I’m so 1920’s obsessed.
I’ve seen it a few times and really liked it 🙂 x
I love tangled and enchanted!! I love lilo and stitch too, I have a stitch plush, a mini stitch tsum and a medium stitch tsum. I also love up!!
Abbie • overpeachchic.com
Awww, that’s a lot of Stitch 🙂 He’s so cute though!! 🙂 x
I love read Disney top 5 blog posts because I always find something new to watch from them… My favourites would be Beauty and the Beast, Brave, Tarzan, Lady and the Tramp and 101 Dalmatians. I absolutely love Moana it’s bound to be a classic, soo much better than Frozen IMHO
Tarzan was a great film, especially You’ll Be In My Heart! I think I’ll have to re-watch this, thank you 🙂 xx
I found it thanks to a different one of these type of posts I would never have watched it otherwise I’d say and it’s stunning especially the soundtrack, it always makes me cry, but not in a bad way…. Not in a hysterical Up kind of way!!!!
I know what you mean, I cry too, but definitely not in an Up way!! xx
No other movie (except Les Miserables) makes me cry as much as Up though, I nearly need an IV everytime I watch it 😁😁
I cried at Wall-E lol
I haven’t watched that…. That’s one for the list 👍👍👍
For a moment there I couldn’t see Aladdin on the list and I was going to be VERY sad haha. It is my all time fave, perfect for every situation! Crap day? Aladdin. Period cramps? Aladdin. Obviously any Disney film will do though >:) Immy x
Awww bless you, of course it was going to be there. There are no biscuits left in the cupboard? Aladdin!!! 🙂 x
I’m a big Disney fan but have only ever seen three of these! Thank you for giving me some DVD ideas to watch over Easter. My new favourite has to be Moana. I love Frozen too (yes I’m 33 years old…) and the parade at Disneyland was imense last Christmas <3
I’ve not seen Moana yet and I liked Frozen but I wasn’t crazy about it!! I loved the parade, I bet the Christmas one is amazing!! x
All of these are such great movies and with the most fantastic soundtracks. I sang them all in my head when I read the lines haha. My favourite Disney movie is Hercules, I love the style of it and I find it to be a very empowering movie with the best songs like Go The Distance!
Go the Distance is definitely my favourite song from Hercules!! 🙂
Out of all these movies, I’ve only seen Tangled! I loved it though, and I really do want to get around to watching all the classic Disney movies, as I am clearly missing out not having seen them 😩
You definitely should and I hope you really enjoy them 🙂 xx
I love Disney films! For me it’s got to be Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid. Whenever I feel pants it’s always a Disney film that will will make me feel feel a whole lot better. Love that phot of you!
Fab choices, they’re all such great films and I agree, they always make me feel better too!! xx
Aladdin is definitely one of my favourites. I also have a soft spot for Lion King, Little Mermaid and Alice in Wonderland. X
Love Lion King too, but never been that keen on Alice in Wonderland, it’s too trippy for me!! x