As you can probably guess by the title, these are my favourite Disney films and I’ve added my favourite song (or songs) from each as well! I haven’t included any Disney Pixar films because I’ve done a separate post on them.
- Tangled – This has to be my all-time favourite Disney film. I love Flynn and his charming vulnerability, Rapunzel and her excitement about going outside for the first time, the songs (my favourite is the Healing Incantation that Rapunzel sings to make her hair glow ♥), the storyline, the lantern scene; it’s just all beautiful. This film is the only one on the list that I don’t actually own on DVD because I bought it from the Google Play Store instead, which means I can watch it wherever I have my phone on me 🙂 I’d really love to get a Tangled inspired tattoo one day, I’ve just got to work out what I want and where I’m going to put it!!
- Sleeping Beauty – This was my favourite Disney film when I was a child. Apart from Aurora herself, my favourite characters were the fairies. I loved it when they were trying not to use magic and Fauna was making Briar Rose’s birthday cake (“two eggs; fold in gently!”). I also loved it when they decided to use their magic but couldn’t agree on the colour of the dress. Now I’m older, although I still love those parts, I also love Maleficent as the villain.
- Mulan – I love this film because it finally shows a Disney princess as as kick-ass warrior who would go to any lengths to help her family and country. Also, who doesn’t love belting out all the words to Make a Man out of You at full volume? “We must be swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire, mysterious as the dark side of the moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon” I’m not even sorry that you’re now more than likely singing this in your heads (or out loud) 😀
- Enchanted – I love that this film is half Disney animation and half live action and I think Amy Adams was cast perfectly. Not only can she sing, but she really encapsulates the happy, upbeat personality of a Disney princess. My favourite song from this has to be “That’s How You Know” in the middle of the film. I love the scepticism of Robert who wonders how everyone knows all the words and the music 😀
- Aladdin – I think my favourite character from Aladdin is Rajah, the tiger. He seems quite anthropomorphised and I’d love to have him as my own pet (although I’m not sure how Mr Bear would feel). This Disney film feels a lot more fast-paced and I love that it focuses more on Aladdin than it does Jasmine. My favourite songs from this one are the opening one; Arabian Nights and, of course, Friend Like Me. I think Robin Williams was incredible in this film as the Genie ♥
What are your favourite Disney films? Are any of yours on the list? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x