A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my favourite Disney films and I said I was going to do a follow up post about my favourite Disney Pixar films; so here it is!
- The Incredibles – This is such an underrated Pixar film and I have no idea why! Bob Parr and his wife, Helen, are famous superheroes who are forced into civilian life due to various mishaps. 15 years, and three children who have also developed super powers later, an evil genius threatens world destruction and they come out of hiding to protect the world. My favourite characters are Violet, their daughter and Edna Mode, the superheroes costume designer (NO CAPES!!)
- WALL.E – Oh my goodness, where do I start? I love, love, love this film! WALL.E is a robot designed to tidy up Earth so it’ll one day be habitable again. WALL.E is just adorable and he loves collecting the trinkets left behind by the humans. When he finds a seedling, his life changes forever because EVE, a lady robot, lands on Earth to scan the planet for signs of life. Despite the fact that neither WALL.E nor EVE speak English, their way of communicating is adorable. You also get to see what happened to all the humans and why they’re no longer on the planet!
- UP – If you can get past the most brutal opening scene EVER, you will probably love this film. It will make you cry and if you don’t, there’s something wrong with your eyes. Seriously. There’s a crotchety old man called Carl, Russell the enthusiastic Wilderness Explorer (think boy scout) and a talking dog called Dug. Oh and they go on an adventure in Carl’s house which floats using balloons. What more could you possibly want?
- Monster’s Inc – Monster’s Inc follows the story of James P. Sullivan and Mike Wazowski. They both work at the scare factory which is designed to scare children in their sleep and their screams create energy which powers Monstropolis. It all starts to go wrong when a child accidentally enters their world. I love the relationship between Sulley and Boo, it’s just the sweetest thing ever, and she’s so cute when they dress her as a baby monster!! If you don’t cry at the end, you’re possibly dead inside. Just sayin’.
- Monster’s University – The second instalment, Monster’s University, is the prequel and you get to see how the friendship between Sully and Mike forms. It follows them through university and there are plenty of laughs and sweet moments. One of the characters I love is Sherri Squibbles, especially the scene when she’s sitting in her car listening to her tunes!! My absolute favourite character though will always be Sulley and I’m gutted that I didn’t get to meet him properly at Disneyland (although I did see him in the parade ♥) J bought me a massive cuddly Sulley for our first Christmas together!!
- Ratatouille – Remy is a rat living in France who dreams of making it as a chef. Linguini is human and an awful chef who, with the help of Remy, becomes the top chef at Gusteau’s. But what happens when the customers, and more importantly one of the most important food critics in France, finds out that a rat has been cooking up a storm in the kitchen?
Which Disney Pixar films are your favourites? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
I love all of these. Then again, I love all the Pixar films. My favorite is Ratatouille. Probably because I love food. Although watching it always makes me hungry.
And because Remy is totally adorable 🙂 xx
I’m so glad Ratatouille is on this list because it’s SO UNDERRATED!
It’s lit my favourite Pixar movie, probably because it’s set in France.
The only duds in the Pixar line are the Cars movies. Don’t really get them.
Yay, another Ratatouille fan 🙂
I wasn’t that keen on the Cars ones either.
I absolutely love all of these! Up tore me apart, and I think I even teared up during WALL-E, but they’re still such great films. I’m excited to see what the second Incredibles movie is going to be like once it’s finally released too!
OMG, there’s a second Incredibles film?? How did I not know that?!?
I just couldnt like the first two no matter how hard I try! However I looove the rest. Especially Ratatouille! ^_^
It’s okay, I still love you. I’m glad you love Ratatouille though. I might have cried otherwise!! 😀
Up, Wall-E and the Toy Story movies are my top 3 favorite Pixar movies. I love Pixar films because they get in touch with your feels in an unexpected way. With that said, I’ve only cried watching Monsters Inc and Toy Story 3. ♥
The ending of Toy Story 3 had me crying so hard!!!!
Up is brilliant but my God the first 15 minutes produce proper snotty crying from me every time I watch it….. Every time!!! I love Monsters Inc and Sulley is my favourite too
I know, it’s not the most light-hearted start to a film!! I want to give him big cuddles because I reckon his fur is super soft!!
I loved Monster’s Inc and Wall-e! And that UP scene came out of nowhere… the feels!
My list would include Toy Story, Finding Dory and Inside Out. 🙂
I’ve still not seen Finding Dory, it’s seems to be a popular choice!! Inside Out was great!! 🙂
Up is one of my favourites! And I love monsters university!
It’s such a fab film as long as you can get through the first 5 minutes!! x
I love Up, monsters inc/university and the incredibles!! My particular favourites have to be brave, finding dory, the good dinosaur and inside out!
Abbie • overpeachchic.com
I’ve not see Finding Dory yet, but I can’t wait to see it 🙂 You picked some great films!! x