You know when a super exciting email drops into your inbox and you do a little dance of joy? That’s how I felt when I found out that Kathleen Natural was releasing a brand new range of products; the Luxurious Body Care Range!! There are three different moods to choose from; Citrus Cheer, Tranquil Fields and Sensual Rose.
There are two different products in each range; a body/massage oil and a bubble bath/shower gel.
I chose Sensual Rose because not only do I love rose and orange scents, I wanted something to lift my mood and help with all my muscle aches from doing loads of DIY ♥
The bubble bath/shower gel:
Unfortunately as our bath is out of action, I can’t try it as a bubble bath (I definitely want to at some point though), but I do use it as a shower gel!!
It lathers up really well and a tiny bit goes a very long way. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth every time I use it and I definitely haven’t got any dry skin!! 😀 It doesn’t really smell as strong as I would have thought, but to be honest, I prefer that as I like to wear perfume. The scent is absolutely delicious and the rose and orange work perfectly together, it feels very refreshing 🍊🍊
This product comes in a 150 ml plastic bottle.
The science bit:
- The orange essential oil top note in the shower gel is designed to be naturally revitalising and creates an invigorating and uplifting ambience.
- Rose is the heart note to help tone and lift the skin. Apparently it’s also believed that it eases post-menopausal symptoms. It’s perfect for enhancing feelings of wellbeing and to create feelings of positivity, joy and hope.
- The base note is a nutmeg essential oil. Nutmeg helps to treat joint and muscle pains and relieve menstrual cramps. It also improves blood circulation and helps reduce mood swings and depression.
- The active ingredients in the Sensual Rose duo are: almond oil, argan oil, rosehip oil, sunflower oil, vitamin E, rose, orange and nutmeg.
The body and massage oil:
I’ve used facial and massage oils before but I’ve never used a body oil so I was keen to try it out!! I had no idea that you can also use this product as a hair treatment (to the ends of the hair to bring shine and tame frizz) and to help your cuticles and nail beds!!
My cuticles are pretty awful to be honest and they’re definitely in need of a pamper. They suggest using the product just before bed to allow it to work overnight. I generally put a couple of drops of the oil on my thumb nail and rub the product across the rest of my nails and rub it in well, I then repeat with the other hand. The oil doesn’t feel greasy and it’s not very runny so I don’t get it all over my hands. It smells exactly like rose and orange (I couldn’t pick up the nutmeg) but again, it’s not too overpowering, although personally I think the scent is stronger than the shower gel!
My cuticles are now in a much better condition and I’m really pleased with the results, I’d actually been photoshopping them in photos because they looked so bad 😐😐 I can now wear false nails again!!
I’ve also been using this as a body oil after I get out of the shower, it rus in really easily and doesn’t leave my skin with that “oily” feeling. I think my skin is looking less dull which really pleases me 😀
I’ve not tried it on my hair or face yet but I’ll keep you updated on how that goes when I do!
I really like this bottle as it’s glass with a little plastic dropper on top. A bottle contains 100 ml so you know it’s going to last for absolutely ages!!
The science bit:
The oil contains the same notes as the shower gel but also includes:
- Sweet almond oil for soothing inflammation, dryness, and redness in skin.
- Virgin argan oil to condition dry and dehydrated skin and hair. It protects the skin against premature aging induced wrinkles and helps reduce the appearance of crow’s feet.
- Rosehip oil is full of vitamins A, C, D, and E which helps hydrate dry, itchy skin, and reduces scars and fine lines.
- Sunflower seed oil is the source of vitamin E that defines the powerful benefits for the skin.
Is there anything else to know?:
The products are available to buy individually from the website now and the shower gel is £18 and the body and massage oil is £34. Although this is usually way beyond my price range for products, I do love that they’re vegan friendly, there are no sulphates and the shower gel is PH neutral.
Have you tried anything from Kathleen before; what’s you favourite product? If not, what’s your favourite oil to use? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*These products were kindly sent to me to review but views are my own.