In a world where we’re constantly striving towards perfection, sometimes it’s nice to shrug off the chains of society and indulge in what we’ve all come to think of as “guilty pleasures”. You know, the things you love doing but wouldn’t usually admit to unless you’ve had two glasses of prosecco!
Here are my top 10 current guilty pleasures:
- When I hear a song for the first time and I love it, I’ll happily put it on repeat for hours. At the moment it’s Dear Darlin’ by Olly Murs. That should probably be a guilty pleasure on its own!
- I love watching reality TV shows, but yanno, the good ones like; The Island, The Apprentice, Masterchef and GBBO.
- Reading chick lit (or romance books for those who aren’t in the know). I’m not talking soft porn like Mills and Boon though. I’m talking Jane Green and Katie Fforde etc. They’re absolutely bloody predictable; girl meets boy, boy upsets girl, girl hates boy, boy redeems himself, all is okay, but sometimes there’s comfort in predictability 🙂
- Sometimes I like to live in a fantasy world where I’m proper besties with all my favourite celebrities. Other people do this too, right? Seriously. It’s not just me. Is it?
- Spending absolutely ages in the bath. And using that time to catch up with social media and friends. So if you suddenly get a nice long message from me, I’m probably naked. And wet. And rather prune-esque.
- Having a cheeky McDonald’s because sometimes only two double cheeseburgers, small fries, a Coke and some chicken-dippy things will do the trick.
- Spending way too much time trying to find that *perfect* gif to reply to a tweet. But when I get one, it makes me really happy 😀
- Rehearsing conversations in my head that I’ll never have out loud. To the woman who didn’t move her bag on the bus, the kid who tripped me up outside the supermarket and didn’t apologise or to the friend who behaved like a bit of a dick.
- Those celebrity crushes I really shouldn’t be having, but I just can’t help myself. Gordon Ramsay and Paul Hollywood I’m looking at you!
- Having a pyjama day. Sometimes, just sometimes, life is better when I take a day off from it all, lounge around the house, scoff loads of food and don’t bother getting dressed. Bliss!
What are your guilty pleasures? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x