I thought I’d get this one in early because last year I left it quite late, and I didn’t write my blog goals until November, oops!
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, it’s basically just a list of blog-related goals that I want to achieve in 2017. Then at the end of the year, I look back at this list and see how I’ve got on! 🙂
- Reach 10,000 on Twitter – I was going to put a more realistic figure of around 7,000 but you know what? Go hard or go home. I’m a delight on Twitter so why wouldn’t you want to follow me? 😀 (you can follow me here in case you’re not already).
- Reach 1,500 on Instagram – As Instagram is my slowest growing account I feel like this is more realistic, although in all honesty, I’d love to hit 2,000 by December. We’ll just have to see though!
- Have 1,000 Bloglovin’ followers – Bloglovin‘ is so weird because not only can you follow a blog, you can follow a person as well. So overall, I have over a 1,000 followers but only 560 (ish) are from the blog. So ideally, I want 1,000 following my blog 🙂 Please and thank you!
- Start using Pinterest properly – I have an account but I rarely ever use it. I need to start pinning my own blog pics on there and find inspiration from other pins!
- Go to more blog events – I definitely want to do a lot more of this because at the end of last year, I wasn’t feeling too well and had to cancel on a few 🙁 Here’s hoping that my health is better this year!
- Be more active on Twitter – I started to become slightly lazy last year and although I scheduled loads of promo tweets, I kept forgetting to actually engage with people! This will definitely change in 2017.
- Think about creating a Facebook page for my blog – This seems to be quite a popular option but it does mean having to keep up another social media account and to be honest, it might be a bit too much. I’ll have to see how it goes!
- Stay organised – I did really well last year, in December I used Google Keep to create a note to keep track of which posts I wanted to publish and in what order. It seemed to really help me and I became more organised at photographing blog pics and editing them too! Long may this continue!!
- Contact some brands to work with – I was really lucky last year as I got quite a few emails and DMs asking if I wanted to review products or collab on sponsored posts, but I feel that I could push this further if I actually go out looking for the opportunities!
- See more of my current blogging friends – I made some great friends through blogging last year and I’d love to keep up with them all, but drinking coffee or hanging out as opposed to just seeing them at blog events!
- Make sure I still enjoy blogging – I think this is the most important one of all. It’s really easy to set goals and push yourself to achieving them, but if you’re not enjoying yourself, what’s the point?
By the way, the cute af notebook in my blog pic is from Jemma’s Etsy. You can grab your own one here. She’s not paying me to say that by the way, although I wish she was!! 😀
What are your blogging goals for 2017? Do you ever set any goals for yourself or do you just like to see what happens? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x