Wow, what a long old year, eh? The first few months seemed super long and the rest, as usual, has absolutely sailed by! I hope you’ve all had a really lovely 2017 but if you haven’t, here’s hoping your 2018 is much better 🙂
So what happened to me in December? Well, I didn’t really do a huge amount to be honest. I finally got my old tattoo covered up, J and I celebrated our 4th anniversary with a massive box of Milk Tray and snuggles on the sofa watching TV all evening; it was bliss and I was meant to go and hang out with Katie, Tania and Rosie for lunch, but I had to cancel as I felt really rubbish 🙁 Having a tattoo can really affect your immune system as your body’s trying to heal itself. I thought I’d get ill after the first session but was fine, it was only after the second session that I finally came down with the cold that had tried to come out for weeks 🙁
There was also Christmas! It was a really relaxed day as it was just me, J and Bear! We chilled on the sofa watching TV and made an amazing Christmas dinner; roast goose, potatoes, parsnips, carrots and cabbage with pigs in blankets and stuffing!! We watched films in the evening while drinking prosecco and snowballs 😀
- Reach 10,000 on Twitter – Yeah, not even close to be honest. I reached just over 6,500 which actually is still a pretty awesome achievement! I definitely wasn’t as active as I’d liked to have been though, but sometimes I just need time away from social media, you know?
- Reach 1,500 on Instagram – I honestly can’t believe, what with all the changes, that I actually reached my target!! I’ve posted one photo a day on Instagram and have tried to like and comment on a variety of photos that I’ve loved. Some people may hate Instagram, but you know what, I post the photos because I like them and it’s nice to look back on what I’ve been up to over the year!
- Have 1,000 Bloglovin’ followers – Well, I got to about 691 following my blog, but I’ve not really been using Bloglovin’ much after the whole furore over them using your posts as their own! Maybe next year I’ll decide if I want to delete my account or start actually promoting it!!
- Start using Pinterest properly – I’ve been absolutely loving using Pinterest this year, especially for tattoo and home inspiration!! I’m definitely going to be carrying on using it, try to create more boards and follow loads more of you! Please leave me a comment with your Pinterest page so I can follow you 🙂
- Go to more blog events – I didn’t really go to that many events this year and didn’t even go to any London ones which I usually love doing. I’ve felt pretty dizzy over the last few months, so I’ve been less inclined to travel that far.
- Think about creating a Facebook page for my blog – I did this!! I’d love a follow or like my Facebook page and if you leave me a comment on here with yours, I can follow you back 😀
- Make sure I still enjoy blogging – I took a bit of a blogging break for about a month because I was feeling pretty stressed by posting three times a week, spending all my weekends taking and editing photos and feeling pretty uninspired about what to write about. I’m now blogging when I want to so it takes all the stress away and I’ve definitely fallen back in love with blogging ♥
- Plaster the holes – This definitely didn’t happen this year, but it’s on the list for 2018!!
- Move the bags of plaster upstairs out-of-the-way – I didn’t realise the bags were 25kg each, but a couple of months ago I decided to tackle this task. I moved all 7 bags upstairs one at a time but had to hoover everything first as they’d been sitting there for about 7 years!! We now have somewhere to keep the hoover for now as I want this to be a coat space!
- Re-seal the bath – I found all the bits I needed; masking tape, the sealant, some white spirit and a fab YouTube video, but I left it too late in the year as when it’s cold, it takes longer to dry, meaning J and I would have had to go without a bath or shower for a couple of days 🙁 I’m going to tackle this one once the weather’s better next year!
- Sand and paint the hallway – Again, this was a big fat nope and we didn’t even make a start on it. Are you sensing a theme here??
- Throw out at least one box-full of stuff from upstairs – J and I actually went through a few boxes and now have a pile of things we’re going to take to the tip once we’ve got a full car-load 🙂
- Dig out the rubble from the front garden – Yeah, this didn’t happen either as we had to sort out the back garden first due to an issue with our fence on the neighbour’s side. Hopefully we can get this sorted next year and we’ll have a hole to put all the rubble from the front garden in!
Don’t forget to check out my wonderful advertiser; Kathleen. Kathleen is a premium skincare brand with a passion for all things natural and organic. They have an incredible range of products and I’ve reviewed the Illuminating Serum, the Sonic Facial Cleanser and their brand new shower gels and body oils!
How was your December? Did you make any 2017 goals that you’ve achieved? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x