I can’t believe it’s been well over a year since I started blogging, it seems like only yesterday I was writing my first blog post. So many exciting things have already happened in that time (making awesome new friends, going to amazing events, even being nominated for an award!) but I really wanted to write down a list of personal goals to work towards for the end of the year (which is now ridiculously close) and see how many of them happen! I’ll write an update in January 🙂
- I really would have loved to hit 5,000 followers on Twitter, but as I’m still quite a way off at 3.8k, I’m hoping that 4,000 is hopefully going to be more realistic!
- Get 500 views in one day which I naively thought would be easy when I started blogging, but it’s something that hasn’t happened to me yet! I do sometimes wonder if other people’s stats are wholly accurate or whether they get exaggerated slightly to appear more popular. Hmmm…
- I want to sit down one weekend and learn how to use
myJ’s camera properly! I’ve been using the Canon 600D for a year now and I barely use any of the settings (auto is my friend. So is the detachable flash). I’d love to be able to create a custom setting on the camera and understand aperture more than I do now. Which is some.
- Read more blog posts. This is something I’ve definitely let slide over the past few months. I do read the odd one or two when on the bus in the mornings but other than that, I never really seem to find the time. I’ll have to stick this in the planner too!
- I definitely want to be a more organised blogger, I have a Stigu but I’m so bad at remembering to use it! I’ve been struggling a lot recently with trying to juggle a full-time job, blogging, photographing products, events and attempting to have a personal life. I’ve found that something’s had to give and it turns out it was housework! Woooo! Although actually I love cleaning and I’m house-proud so it makes me sad that I’ve let this slide. Hopefully with a little more structure, I can still blog regularly but have more free time in the evenings to spend relaxing.
- Hit 1,000 followers on Instagram. Instagram used to be something I struggled with, but it’s been slowly improving over the last few months, so I’d love to get this one by the end of December. I do seem to have been stuck around the low 900s for a few weeks though, so who knows?
- Write some more personal posts. I really like writing quick personal posts, you know like the getting to know me or things I love posts; nothing too deep though, because it’s my blog and I don’t wanna!
What are your blog goals for the end of 2016? Is there anything you really want to achieve before the end of the year? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x