I can’t believe how my little profile has built up over the last 8 months! I now have over 2,000 followers which is a little bit insane when I stop to think about it, so honestly I try not to. I really love finding new people to follow and talk to; but here are 5 reasons why I’m not going to being following you on Twitter.
1. If you have no bio: How am I going to know at a glance if I’m interested in what you’re going to be tweeting about if I don’t know anything about you? You might be a massive football fan and only ever tweet the footie scores or the Biebs might be your BAE, and I’m just not into that. Nope, I’m not even sorry. I am sorry for saying BAE though. I think I actually just shuddered.
2. If your bio is just #hashtags: On the opposite end of the spectrum to the previous point, it’s great you’ve filled out your bio, but why is it just full of hashtags? I personally don’t like it, it makes it harder for me to read. Is that an age thing? Am I getting old? OMG, am I my mum?
3. If your tweets only seem to be promotions or retweets: I don’t get personal accounts where they only ever retweet. I want to hear what you’ve got to say, not what people I probably already follow are saying! Also, if you only ever use Twitter to promote your posts and never chat or comment or reply to anyone, I’m not going to want to follow you. I wanna feel like I can engage and have a bit of a chat with you and maybe make a new friend out of it 🙂 That also goes for the comper accounts. I’m definitely not going to follow you if all you ever do is retweet competitions and giveaways.
4. Follow4Follow: So I go to have a nosey at your profile and your bio says that you’ll always f4f. That’s great, but that means you actually have no interest in me and my tweets, you just want followers to make your account look really popular. I use Twitter to make lasting connections, plus I know you’re going to unfollow me as soon as I click the follow button, so no, you’re alright thanks. This leads me nicely into my last reason…
5. You follow me, unfollow me and follow again: Yeah, I can see you. And you. Serial follow/unfollowers annoy me; like, follow or me or don’t, ya know? Don’t unfollow and follow again because I didn’t follow you back the first time round, maybe there was a reason for that! I’m now staring at the word follow because I’ve typed it too much. Is it spelt right? Is it even a word? Argh, see what you’ve done!!
There’s also now a part two; if you want to check it out, it’s 5 reasons I won’t follow you on Instagram and you can find that here 🙂
What things make you decide not to hit the follow button? Let me know in the comments 🙂 x