Following on from one of my most popular posts so far (5 reasons I won’t follow you on Twitter), I thought I’d share my list of reasons I won’t be following you on Instagram!
1. If you have no link: I spend pretty much my entire life on Twitter and I get excited when I see someone promoting their gorgeous Insta account. It makes me want to follow the account, so I go to click the link in the tweet, but there isn’t one, you’ve only written your username. I’m lazy by nature so closing down the Twitter app, waiting for my phone to freeze, finally getting to open up Instagram, clicking the search button then typing in your name and following you? It’s way too much effort, soz, even if your pics are #goals.
2. You only post inspirational quotes: I like the occasional one as much as the next person and sometimes a genuinely lovely one can make me smile for a couple of minutes. But most of the time, especially if I’m in the mood from hell, I just scroll past hurriedly and mutter swears under my breath. Because I hate most of those really cringey ones. I don’t want to be like a magical unicorn and don’t get me started on “A face without freckles is like a night without stars” or “A stranger is a friend you just haven’t met yet” They make my insides feel funny and not in a good way. Besides, I want to see your pics of make-up and cats, your latest trip to Disney, the amazing sunset you captured last night or the box of doughnuts you bought from Krispy Kreme.
3. You’re a serial liker: You’ve liked pretty much every one of my photos; including that badly lit one taken back in December 2014 of the first Christmas dinner I ever cooked, but you’re not actually following me. I’m a bit cynical and assume you’re only doing it so I’ll pop over to your account and give you a follow for all the love you’ve given me. Sorry to disappoint you, it’s a massive nope. I’ll probably like a couple of your photos to be polite, but I doubt I’m going to follow you unless I really, really, really like your photos. #Notsoz
4. You don’t post anything but regrams: On the same lines as #2, I just find regrams really dull. Especially the competition ones. And I’m more likely to follow the original accounts than I am to follow you.
5. Your account is private: You might post the most beautiful flatlays in the world, but if I can’t see that before I click the follow button then I’m not going to commit myself; just in case you post photos of clowns or trains or public bathrooms or dirty socks on the floor and then I’m stuck because I don’t want to unfollow you straight away or I’ll look like I’m judging your life choices. Even though I am. (Unless I know you in real life or I know you on Twitter.)
What annoys you about Instagram accounts? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
Great post! I’ve not seen one like this before. Please check out my blog if you can find the time thank you xx
Thank you! I’ll definitely check out your blog 😊 x
I can relate on the number 1… Its really a hassle.
I am annoyed with post who’s description is all hashtags only. Ive no against hashtags but atleast add a readable description before the 30 hashtags. >.<
Exactly! Some hashtags are great but all hashtags gets had to read! 🙂
Loved this post, really intresting I’ve never seen anyting like this before! I can’t stand re grams :/ haha xxx
Thank you 🙂 xxx
LOVE this post! Totally agree with point 1 especially – as there are so many people out there I don’t want to have to type in each name. It’s just long! x
Thank you 😊 ah yeah, especially if it’s not a usual spelling… X
This is bloody fab! I could not agree more with all of the above points – plus if you are TOO perfect that genuinely puts me off too 😂😂😂
Bee | QueenBeady.com
Thank you! Ahaha yeah. Flawless photos and constant jet-setting!
Love this! All of these are reasons I won’t follow on IG. Hate private accounts – like, what is the point?! And accounts that just regram. I’d rather see the original content please! x http://www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x
I love this post! I agree with every single one, especially those people who like every single photo with no intention of following.xx
Lissy ♥ lissyslife.com
Yesss! This post has summed up everything I feel about instagram in one. I also hate when every single pic someone posts is an advert for some gimmick you know they’ve never even tried!
I’m glad you liked it 🙂 Thanks for reading x
This is so true, like why would anyone like EVERY single picture I’ve ever taken? Very annoying.
I’m glad I’m not the only one 😁
I also feel sad when I see an account that’s private ☺
I hate it when people don’t post their link, it’s too much effort to try find them when they just leave their username. Oh and accounts that are constantly posting regrams start to get annoying very quickly x
Beauty with charm
I once spent ages searching because the person had spelt their username incorrectly! Booooo.
I agree with all of these.
Yes to all of these – with you totally on the inspirational posts. I’ll let you away with a few of that ilk, but if your instagram consists solely of these I will avoid.
I know someone who likes ALL of their own pictures too on instagram. Now, that’s just weird. Surely the fact you have posted the photo means that it is a given that you already like it???
Paula / http://insertmyblognamehere.blogspot.com
Ahahaha, never understood why you’d like your own photos, tweets or statuses, it’s a bit weird!! x
I won’t follow anything that has Younique/Juice Plus or thats wraps. Total turn off!
Yes so much on the regrams and private account. I’ve become so jaded about people following me on IG. Most of them are pushing their own products… like Younique or some other thing.
Ah yeah, the Younique and Juice Plus accounts! I really don’t want to buy things…
Brilliant! For me it’s when someone follows you and expects you to follow back. My strategy is to like a few pics and then just leave it unless I really like their pictures.
Ha this is brilliant! I feel completely the same about serial likers and private accounts. Ain’t nobody got time for that
Great post! I agree with all your points especially the one about people liking your last 100 pictures but decide not to follow you, what’s that about?!
I don’t know, it’s weird. Someone does that on Twitter too and she doesn’t even follow me! They’re tweets from months ago….