These are the reviews of the rest of the products I bought last Saturday.
First up is the anti-bleed lip liner from MUA. It’s a clear liner which states it’s suitable for every shade of lip colour. It even comes with its own sharpener in the lid; what a great idea!
- First Impressions: I’m not really a lipstick/liner expert, but it’s really easy to use and does stop your lipstick from bleeding out. I love the fact it’s clear so I can use it for all (two) my lipsticks and I don’t have to worry about buying a lipliner to match each time I buy a new lipstick!
- Value for money: For £1, I think it’s great value for money!
- Will I use it again?: Now that autumn is here, I’ll be wearing my lipsticks more and will definitely use the lipliner with them!
- Verdict: 4/5.
Next I bought this Kohl eyeliner in Berry Wine; also from MUA and also has a sharpener in the lid 🙂
- First Impressions: From the description on the eyeliner, I was expecting a really intense colour; I was disappointed that I had to go over the it several times to get a proper purple colour and it still looks a little patchy. It also blunts really easily as it seems to be very soft :/
- Value for money: It’s only £1, which is a great price. In this case though, I definitely feel you pay for what you get.
- Will I use it again?: I’m not really sure, I kind of like it, but it doesn’t really produce the results I was looking for.
- Verdict: 2/5.
Finally, I picked up Tanya Burr’s nail varnish in Duvet Day.
- First Impressions: I love the colour and it paints on really well. Despite having to empty the dishwasher, dry up a couple of items and get ready for bed, it didn’t chip or smudge! Although it did chip a little the next day 🙁
- Value for money: It’s £4.99, which is double what I normally pay for my nail varnishes; that being said, it does for the most part, seem to be lasting longer than my cheaper ones!
- Will I use it again?: Yes, although it’s not really an autumn colour, so possibly not until next spring 🙁
- Verdict: 4/5.
Have you tried any of these products? What did you think? 🙂 x