Spring officially starts on Saturday 20th March and I can’t bloody wait. I always find that spring feels hopeful to me, like a fresh start. There are so many fantastic things about spring.
Here are 10 things I love about the season:
1. The sun rises earlier in the morning and sets later in the evening, which means the days are longer. I always feel less productive when it gets dark, so I love having an extra couple of hours of daylight to get things done 🙂
2. I love seeing all the spring flowers starting to bloom; the daffodils, crocuses, primroses, tulips. Plus there’s all the cherry blossom and magnolia trees blooming too ♥️
3. It’s the perfect time to throw open all the windows, get some fresh air into the house and give it a really good clean. I also like going through and getting rid of things I never use or wear anymore and tidying everything away! I mean, it is called a spring-clean for a reason!
4. There are suddenly loads of animals everywhere!! On my walks recently, I’ve started seeing big fat bumblebees and hearing all the birds in the trees. There are also all the cute baby animals about; baby bunnies, calves, lambs, kittens, puppies etc.
5. This is a bit of a niche one, but the Formula 1 season starts at the end of March. J and I love watching it together, although I have to be honest, I love it a lot less since Jenson Button retired in 2016.
6. With spring comes Easter which is the perfect time to chill out and eat all those chocolate treats! Plus there’s the Easter bank holiday so there’s a long weekend too 🙂
7. I always feel that my mental health starts to improve when spring hits. It feels like a fresh start, a new beginning filled with positivity and hope!
8. I can now stop wearing a jumper, a coat, gloves, scarf and a hat to go on walks in the park! It’s also time to get out my thinner jackets like this denim one. I recently bought a faux leather biker jacket too, so I’m looking forward to being able to wear that soon!
9. With the weather getting warmer and more sunny days, I can start putting my washing outside without having the fear that it’ll suddenly start raining and I’ll have to dash out and get it all in again!
10. I love getting to spend more time outside in the garden. There’s nothing better than sitting on the steps with a cup of coffee watching Mr Bear playing in the grass and taking in the scenery!
What do you love about spring? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x