Spring officially starts on Saturday 20th March and I can’t bloody wait. I always find that spring feels hopeful to me, like a fresh start. There are so many fantastic things about spring.
Here are 10 things I love about the season:
1. The sun rises earlier in the morning and sets later in the evening, which means the days are longer. I always feel less productive when it gets dark, so I love having an extra couple of hours of daylight to get things done 🙂
2. I love seeing all the spring flowers starting to bloom; the daffodils, crocuses, primroses, tulips. Plus there’s all the cherry blossom and magnolia trees blooming too ♥️
3. It’s the perfect time to throw open all the windows, get some fresh air into the house and give it a really good clean. I also like going through and getting rid of things I never use or wear anymore and tidying everything away! I mean, it is called a spring-clean for a reason!
4. There are suddenly loads of animals everywhere!! On my walks recently, I’ve started seeing big fat bumblebees and hearing all the birds in the trees. There are also all the cute baby animals about; baby bunnies, calves, lambs, kittens, puppies etc.
5. This is a bit of a niche one, but the Formula 1 season starts at the end of March. J and I love watching it together, although I have to be honest, I love it a lot less since Jenson Button retired in 2016.
6. With spring comes Easter which is the perfect time to chill out and eat all those chocolate treats! Plus there’s the Easter bank holiday so there’s a long weekend too 🙂
7. I always feel that my mental health starts to improve when spring hits. It feels like a fresh start, a new beginning filled with positivity and hope!
8. I can now stop wearing a jumper, a coat, gloves, scarf and a hat to go on walks in the park! It’s also time to get out my thinner jackets like this denim one. I recently bought a faux leather biker jacket too, so I’m looking forward to being able to wear that soon!
9. With the weather getting warmer and more sunny days, I can start putting my washing outside without having the fear that it’ll suddenly start raining and I’ll have to dash out and get it all in again!
10. I love getting to spend more time outside in the garden. There’s nothing better than sitting on the steps with a cup of coffee watching Mr Bear playing in the grass and taking in the scenery!
I’ve also written posts on what I hate about summer and love about autumn, if you want to check them out!
What do you love about spring? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
Spring is my favourite season too! I love when all the flowers start blooming and the days start getting longer, my spring is your autumn time though haha being on the other side of the world 😛
Oh yeah, you’ve got a way to go until spring then 😀
Thanks for sharing your things you like about spring, I do like the when the flowers are out and the trees are in blossom too 🙂
The flowers just make everything feel brighter because they’re such pretty colours 🙂 x
I adore Spring for all these reasons! I love that I can spend more time outside.
Spending more time outside is the best! 🙂
I can’t wait for the F1 to start next weekend!
I love seeing lambs and flowers starting to bloom too 🙂
I’m super excited for the start of the season! 🙂
Spring is my favorite season and I like to read your list of things which you like about Spring.
New Post – https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/03/face-cleansers-exfoliators.html
Thank you 🙂 I can’t decide if I love spring or summer more!
Great post! I love spring and how it always feels like a new beginning and that the weather is so lovely xx
Thank you! I feel the same 🙂 xx
So many of these are true for me I love Spring it really lifts my mood
Same, I always feel better when spring comes!
I do love the Spring and my favourite thing about it is knowing that the evenings are going to be lighter and the days are going to be longer! x
Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk
I can’t wait for longer evenings! 🙂 x
Yes to all of these! The only thing I don’t like about Spring is my hay fever but other than that, I love it. I can’t wait for the lighter nights and being able to sit in the garden!
Mine seems to be under control, although I think that’s because I have asthma instead now lol.
I totally agree with you, my mental health also gets much better during this season. Spring is my favorite time of the year. I just love everything about it.
Antonia || Sweet Passions
I also love it when spring starts turning into summer and it’s warm, but not hot 🙂 x
I certainly find it easier to wake up in the morning once we start moving into spring, I can really struggle with my sleep cycle over autumn and winter. It’s also nice when the weather is nice enough that you can still wear a jumper or a t-shirt. I hate summer because it’s just too hot most the time. What are your thoughts on summer?
Yes, my sleep cycle is awful in winter! Hmmm, I have equal love and hate for summer; there are things I love like annual leave and my birthday, but I hate it when it’s too hot and when there are wasps everywhere!
Completely agree on all these! I love spending time out and seeing nature make its course with new flowers, trees blooming and bees around! The early mornings are easier when the sun is rising or already out! Thanks for sharing x
There’s just something so peaceful about it! 🙂 x
What a gorgeous house and garden you have for a start.
I love spring and this year it feels even more like a new beginning with restrictions beginning to lift a little and with schools going back, it’s almost like a fresh start which is what spring always feels like.
Plus I love Lambs! They are just the cutest x
Ah thank you 🙂
Yes, it does feel like that, doesn’t it?
I love it when lambs bounce all over the place 🙂 x
All of these, yes yes yes!
Waking up today when the sun was awake before me has started my day off in such a good way. I also cannot wait for Easter eggs. I’m usually on a diet and careful but this year I think sod it, I’m going for it. Give me alll the chocolate!
I love waking up and opening the curtains to it being light outside!! Ha, I’ve just started tracking what I eat because I can’t fit into any of my work clothes at the moment. I’ll probably get an Easter egg but eat it really slowly!
I am just so excited for the nice weather and the sun!!
Stay in touch? Life of an Earth Muffin
Me too, I can’t wait 🙂
I’m with you on all these! I love being outside though, so the lovely flowers coming through make it more enjoyable. The lighter mornings also make it easier to get up too and be more productive. And then all the Easter treats… just after I’ve got over all the Christmas treats!
Lovely flowers definitely make being outside more enjoyable! Ha, yes ALL the treats! 🙂