I’ve been feeling a bit “meh” of late, so when I was recently tagged by the lovely Lyndsay over at Fizzy Peaches to write a 10 things that me happy post, I figured it would be good for me to take time out to remember there are still things out there that make me happy and make me smile 🙂
I wrote one of these about a year ago and completely forgot that I’d done it until now. If you fancy having a read, you can find it here 🙂
Unsurprisingly, mine is a bit of a random list (and not in any specific order), but isn’t that kind of the point? So here’s 10 little things that make me happy ♥
- Going home after a long day at work and getting a massive cuddle from J. It’s literally one of the best feelings ever ♥
- If I am ever having a crappy day and need cheering up, the Buttery Biscuit Base song (from Masterchef) will always instantly cheer me up! If you’ve not heard it before, you can check it out here. I’m not even sorry. I love it so much and never fails to put a smile on my face!
- There’s nothing quite like that feeling of changing your bedding, having a lovely realxing bath (or a nice long shower) and popping on some fresh pyjamas!
- Remembering with delight the time that some bright spark thought the best hashtag to use when promoting Susan Boyle’s latest album was #susanalbumparty. It will always bring a smile to my face 😀 😀
- Any time I get to hang out with my friends. After work all I want to do is flump on the sofa, so I only really see my friends at the weekends, and even then it’s a case of trying to fit everything in.
- That moment when it’s really hot outside and it starts raining; because I love the smell of the rain on a hot pavement. It’s just such a fresh, lovely scent! Please tell me I’m not the only one?
- Now I’m financially stable, it’s nice to be able to check my bank account at the end of the month (you know, that moment just before payday) and still have money in there. It’s taken a long time to get to this position, so it makes me do a happy dance!
- Waking up in the night to find Bear has snuggled right up next to me and is very gently snoring ♥
- Getting an exciting blog-related event email land in my inbox and finding out my friends are going too! It’s always daunting going to events alone, so I love it when I find out my friends are all going to be there. It’s also a great excuse for a catch up 🙂
- Whenever we have a takeaway, because it means I don’t have to cook or load the dishwasher! 😀
You can read Lyndsay’s post here and if you fancy writing your own “10 things that make me happy” post, then tag, you’re it! Don’t forget to send me a link when it’s up so I can read it 🙂
What little things make you happy? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x