I’m not really a sit on the beach and relax kinda girl or a massive party animal (Ibiza and Magalouf sounds like my idea of a total nightmare!) When I go on holiday, I’m definitely more of a sightseeing tourist; I absolutely love spending my days seeing all the local attractions and museums. I’ve not really been on that many holidays so I thought I’d write a bucket list post about places I’d love to visit one day. (I’ve written a bucket list post before, but that was more about general life things)!
So here’s my list of a few of the places I’d love to visit and things I’d love to do while there!
- Egypt – I’ve always been obsessed with anything Egyptian and I would love to have visited the pyramids at Giza (even though I know it’s a complete tourist trap!), travel down the Nile and the Red Sea and White Desert. It’s just a shame that due to the current state of the world, it’s not a particularly safe travel destination anymore.
- Iceland – Who wouldn’t want to go to Iceland? This destination has been on my bucket list for years so I can see the Northern Lights, try out the outdoor spas, go whale watching and see their incredible national parks. I know my mum would love to go one day so I’d love to go with her!
- A Disney Cruise – Ever since J and I went to DLP in 2014, I’ve been dying to do anything else that’s Disney-related. With Iglu Cruise*, not only do you get to hang out with Mickey and the gang on a luxury liner, but you’re doing it while seeing different parts of the world. Personally I’d opt for the Caribbean cruise, because hello sunshine! But if that’s not your thing, they have a summer Fjords cruise, Mediterranean cruise and plenty of other destinations to choose from!
- Rome – A few years ago my mum and I were looking at going on holiday. Our first idea was to start off in Paris for a few days then take the night train to Rome to check out all the sights there as well, but it was going to cost way too much 🙁 We instead opted for just going to Paris, which was absolutely incredible, but I definitely want to finally tick Rome off the list too. I really wanted to see the Colosseum, St Peter’s Basilica and the Pantheon.
- Canada – One of my best friends, Charlie, lives over there and I’d love to visit her one day and breathe that fresh mountain air! Oh and spot the coyotes roaming round her neighbourhood!! She lives over on the west side of Canada, and we’d love to meet up in Toronto (the east side) and take the train across Canada because the scenery over there is just stunning!!
- Disneyworld, Florida – This was obviously going to be on my list as well! I’d love to go here one day, and I’d have to check out the Universal Orlando Resort so I can go to their massive Harry Potter world!
Where would your top destinations be? Have you visited any on my list before? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*This was a collaborative post with Iglu Cruises but views and fave destinations are all my own.
Your list has so many of the places I would LOVE to go as well! Vancouver was ah-mazing I highly recommend! I hope you get to all of these places and more 🙂
Samantha // aleggygal.blogspot.com
Ahaha, maybe I’ll see you in them one day!! I hope you get to all of yours one day too xx
My travel bucket list is so long. Rome is on mine too, actually a lot of places in Italy are. You should definitely go to Canada, I lived in Vancouver for a couple of months and it’s awesome there.
I’m definitely going to try and get there in the next few years!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing some of your list xx
I have been to Egypt, Iceland, Rome and part of Canada. Iceland was the best out of the this list. It is truly amazing! I have done a lot of travelling and plan on carrying this on. I cannot pick a favourite as each place is unique in its own way. I have such a large bucket list and really want to go to South America. I am off to Copenhagen soon and then Eastern Europe (5 countries in 2 weeks). I would say there’s such a big world out there so go and see as much as you can.
That’s such a lot ticked off your list already! I hoep you enjoy Copenhagen and Eastern Europe 🙂 xx
For me travelling has always been so important. I find it really broadens your horizons and we get much more accepting of other cultures too. I’ve been to Rome and Egypt on your list, but my all time favourite places visited are Cuba and Japan, two completely different countries, but the people in both are incredibly warm and friendly. I wouldn’t mind going back.
Maya | londondamsel.co.uk
That’s definitely true. I’ve heard Cuba and Japan are both stunning places to visit, especially for the culture!
Great list! I feel like Rome would be such a magical and amazing place to experience and take in simply because of all the history there!
Exactly! Plus the good as well of course! X
I can’t wait to do the train across Canada – it’s been on the agenda for years! So hurry up and get your bum over here – and we can check out the wildlife in the Rockies too!
That would be so good!! One day, I promise xx
Florida is AMAZING! I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
want to go to Iceland too. Take me.
Sure, if you’re paying 😂😂
I also managed to go to Egypt before it was considered an ‘unsafe’ place to travel to. It was beautiful and I would love to go back and travel around a little more.
I’d also love to get to Iceland at some point in the next few years, need to save up big time!
Such a nice read 🙂
Ah so lucky! It’s definitely at the top of my to see list, maybe one day!
I think Iceland is a popular destination!! Xx
Ahhhh we’re planning on going to Iceland at the end of the year hopefully. Time to start doing these things while we can! Whoop. Definitely want to do some Disney of some sort. I’ll send you a postcard from Bali and you can add it to your list.
Stop making me jealous!! I’ll get there one day! Yes, I’d love a postcard from Bali please and thank you.
I’ve been to Egypt. It seems I went at just the right time, before chaos erupted. It was actually a lay-over for eight hours where we got taken out of the airport and to the pyramids! Totally a worthwhile experience (although, the sphinx are a lot smaller than I imagined). I’d like to go back to the Valley of the Kings one day.
Iceland’s on my travel wish list too. The Northern Lights and the water baths look spectacular!
I hope you get to travel to all these places and more!
Ah you’re so lucky, maybe I’ll get there one day!! Xx