I’m not really a sit on the beach and relax kinda girl or a massive party animal (Ibiza and Magalouf sounds like my idea of a total nightmare!) When I go on holiday, I’m definitely more of a sightseeing tourist; I absolutely love spending my days seeing all the local attractions and museums. I’ve not really been on that many holidays so I thought I’d write a bucket list post about places I’d love to visit one day. (I’ve written a bucket list post before, but that was more about general life things)!
So here’s my list of a few of the places I’d love to visit and things I’d love to do while there!
- Egypt – I’ve always been obsessed with anything Egyptian and I would love to have visited the pyramids at Giza (even though I know it’s a complete tourist trap!), travel down the Nile and the Red Sea and White Desert. It’s just a shame that due to the current state of the world, it’s not a particularly safe travel destination anymore.
- Iceland – Who wouldn’t want to go to Iceland? This destination has been on my bucket list for years so I can see the Northern Lights, try out the outdoor spas, go whale watching and see their incredible national parks. I know my mum would love to go one day so I’d love to go with her!
- A Disney Cruise – Ever since J and I went to DLP in 2014, I’ve been dying to do anything else that’s Disney-related. With Iglu Cruise*, not only do you get to hang out with Mickey and the gang on a luxury liner, but you’re doing it while seeing different parts of the world. Personally I’d opt for the Caribbean cruise, because hello sunshine! But if that’s not your thing, they have a summer Fjords cruise, Mediterranean cruise and plenty of other destinations to choose from!
- Rome – A few years ago my mum and I were looking at going on holiday. Our first idea was to start off in Paris for a few days then take the night train to Rome to check out all the sights there as well, but it was going to cost way too much 🙁 We instead opted for just going to Paris, which was absolutely incredible, but I definitely want to finally tick Rome off the list too. I really wanted to see the Colosseum, St Peter’s Basilica and the Pantheon.
- Canada – One of my best friends, Charlie, lives over there and I’d love to visit her one day and breathe that fresh mountain air! Oh and spot the coyotes roaming round her neighbourhood!! She lives over on the west side of Canada, and we’d love to meet up in Toronto (the east side) and take the train across Canada because the scenery over there is just stunning!!
- Disneyworld, Florida – This was obviously going to be on my list as well! I’d love to go here one day, and I’d have to check out the Universal Orlando Resort so I can go to their massive Harry Potter world!
Where would your top destinations be? Have you visited any on my list before? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*This was a collaborative post with Iglu Cruises but views and fave destinations are all my own.