Having watched several beauty box unboxing videos and reading several different blog posts where people always seem a bit disappointed and underwhelmed with their boxes, it’s always put me off subscribing to any. I just don’t want to fork out that much money every month for products I don’t want, won’t use or already have!
That’s why I love the idea of Latest in Beauty because you can not only choose a one-off box rather than a subscription, you’re in control and choose all the items you want in it 😀 Obviously it does completely take away the surprise but at least this way you’re guaranteed to want to use all the products 😊😊
There are three options available:
- The Beauty Novice – 3 products for £9 per month & free P&P if you subscribe or £16 + P&P for a one-off box
- The Beauty Enthusiast – 6 products for £15 per month & free P&P if you subscribe or £22 + P&P for a one-off box
- The Beauty Guru – 9 products for £18 per month & free P&P if you subscribe or £25 + P&P for a one-off box
The products regularly change so if there’s something you really want, you’d best get in quickly before it goes! The products vary from moisturisers, face masks and night creams to nail varnishes, lipsticks, hairbands and perfumes! With almost 150 different items to choose from, you’re guaranteed to find something you really want to try 😀
For my Beauty Guru box, I picked:
- The Batiste Frizz Tamer – I’ve had the frizz tamer before and absolutely loved it so I figured I’d get another can! It’s fab for taming those flyaway hairs 😀
- Oway Moisturising Hair mask – I have many face masks in various forms, but I don’t own any masks for my hair; well until now!! It’s designed for dry and dehydrated hair but it’s also perfect for thick, frizzy hair too. My hair happens to be all those things so I can’t wait to try it out!
- Dirty Works 8-in-1 Miracle Cream – Okay, I was going to photograph all the products before trying any out, but I honestly can’t stop using this cream! It might not look like much but it smells incredible, glides on like a dream and has left my face feeling super soft and hydrated! This cream claims to even skin tone, fill in fine lines, diminish wrinkles and smooth out skin texture; I have to say, I think it does a pretty fab job at all of those ❤❤
- 7th Heaven Soften Glove Masques – I absolutely love 7th Heaven products, but I had no idea they did products that weren’t for the face!! It meant I had to pick these gloves up to give them a try. My hands get really dry and cracked in the winter and these are designed to give your hands a treat with Shea Butter!
- Lord & Berry 20100 Lipstick Pencil in Diva – As you all know, I love a dark lip and as I’ve not tried Lord & Berry before but heard great things about them, I added this to my box to give it a try!
- Regenerate Enamel Science Advanced toothpaste – my teeth are seriously lacking in enamel and my front teeth are pretty sensitive! Although I knew the tubes would be small, I was pleasantly surprised that I got three of them!
- Masque Bar Pore Refining Crème Mask – I couldn’t not add a face mask to my box and I was drawn to this one because I have really visible pores! I hope it does what it says on the packet 😀
- Carmex lip balm – I’ve just run out of my old one, so this was the perfect opportunity to grab myself a new one! I love the cherry flavour and it fits in my handbag perfectly 🙂
- ESPA Overnight Hydration Therapy – I tend to just use moisturisers or day creams on my face at night, so I thought it would be fab to invest in a cream specifically designed for night-time!!
I’d definitely be tempted to order a one-off box again, perhaps for my birthday so I can treat myself 🙂
Are you a fan of beauty subscription boxes? Have you tried Latest in Beauty before? By the way, if you’re interested in any of the products and want me to do a full review on something, let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*I was sent a one-off Beauty Guru box to review but views and love of trying new products are my own.
I’d defo go for the beauty enthusiast box! I love subscribing to beauty boxes but sometimes I find that there are items I never use so being able to pick and choose when I have empties etc would save so much time and hassle!!
It’s such an easier idea, plus you could buy a box for a friend’s birthday and choose all the products you think they’d love!! xx
This box sounds great, I love that there’s options for things other than make up which I tend to mainly see here. Have you had a chance to use the toothpaste and seen any changes? I’m going to see if I can get some here in Canada if it’s good!
I’ve not tried it yet but I’m going to! I’ll let you know how I get on 😀😀
I get Latest in Beauty every month – it’s such a good way to try out new things! And the best part is that you may make a mistake once in a while, but you’ll never be sent things that you know you’ll never use, as sometimes is the case with other beauty boxes.
Exactly! I mean you might pick a couple of products you might end up hating but I’ll bet you love the majority of them! X
I love the fact that you can pick the products in the box! You’ve got some amazing products too!
Love, Amie ❤
The Curvaceous Vegan
I know, it’s fab right? I can’t wait to try them all out properly!! x
I’m put off beauty boxes for the exact same reason but this is such a good idea! You picked such lovely things too, I love the look of the miracle cream, and a face mask and a lip balm would be essentials for me!
The Sweet Seven Five
I much prefer picking my own, it did take me a while though lol!! The miracle cream is probably my favourite so far!! xx
This subscription idea sounds really interesting! Love the sound of what you got in your box 🙂 x
I much prefer to be able to choose my own items!! I think I chose pretty well lol x
I’ve never tried Carmex but so many people rave about it, I’m lucky my lips don’t get chapped or dry much x
Mine get so dry in the winter, it’s awful, it looks like I’ve had some weird chemical peel on my upper lip or some sort of failed injections x
Oh no, glad this helps then x
Thank you x