So as I’m still in an inspiration blackhole, I thought I’d join the festive cheer and answer the Christmas Tag questions from This, Tatt and The Other 🙂
- What is your favourite Christmas film? I really love The Holiday, Love Actually and The Muppet Christmas Carol. I’ve also been made to watch A Christmas Carol (with Albert Finney) by J, so I’m sure that will make an appearance this year too!
- Have you ever had a white Christmas? Yes. I was about 11 or 12 and my whole family stayed in a hotel on the Isle of Wight. I was on the beach and it was snowing!
- Where do you usually spend your holidays? I used to be with my parents, but now I have a quiet Christmas with J and see my parents the day after Boxing Day.
- What’s your favorite Christmas song? It’s probably got to be Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. It’s so over-played but what a beautiful tune!!
- Do you open presents on Christmas Eve? No, that’s just weird!!
- Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Hmmm…. Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, Dancer (?), Prancer, Bernard, George and Martin? 😀
- What holiday traditions are you most looking forward to this year? Post-Christmas shopping with my mum, relaxing and not being at work!! 😀
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake? Fake, we have a black one. Gothic, innit?
- What is your all-time favorite Christmas sweet/treat? Terry’s Chocolate Orange. I cannot get enough!!
- Be honest: Do you love giving gifts or receiving them better? I love buying presents for people but I hate them opening them in front of me. I get all awkward and wonder if they’re pretending to like it!
- What is the best Christmas present you have ever received? My Grandma died 23 years ago on the 23rd December, I was absolutely heart-broken, but she’d already bought all our presents. Although I no longer have it, she’d bought me a furry cushion, with a vague cat shape on it and it had eyes. Okay, it was hideous, but I loved it because it brought back lovely memories 🙂
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holidays? Possibly New York, but other than that, I’d rather be at home!
- Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably? The ideas in my head do not translate well … I’m shockingly bad at wrapping presents 🙁
- Most memorable holiday moment? Crying because I thought I’d ruined the first Christmas dinner I’d ever cooked. Turns out I hadn’t and it was all good!
- What made you realize the truth about Santa? I asked my mum if he was real and asked her to tell me the truth. I said that if I had children and I still believed and didn’t buy them presents because I thought Father Christmas would, the children would be heartbroken! 😀
- Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them? I’ve not bothered for years, I never stick to them 😛
- What makes the holidays special for you? Not having to go anywhere or do anything. Spending time with my friends and family <3
If you decide to do the Christmas Tag too, let me know so I can read your answers 🙂 Happy Christmas!! x
Aww that’s sad about your grandma passing on the 23rd but how bittersweet about receiving the hideous furry cushion she bought you.
I’ve never watched Love Actually and people keep mentioning it in these tags, I should go watch it I think!
“Bernard, George and Martin” LMAO!!! Those names for reindeers just struck me as especially funny! 😆
You have a BLACK tree!? Please post a pic!
Yeah, it was a horrible Christmas but I have lovely memories of her 😊
Yes, you probably should, even if you decide you don’t like it, it’s another film off the list 😁
Ahaha, thanks 😂
We do indeed have a black tree! Pics will be going up sometime before Christmas xx
Chuckling at George, Bernard and Martin being Santa’s reindeer 😂
You mean that’s not right? 😂😜