So as I’m still in an inspiration blackhole, I thought I’d join the festive cheer and answer the Christmas Tag questions from This, Tatt and The Other 🙂
- What is your favourite Christmas film? I really love The Holiday, Love Actually and The Muppet Christmas Carol. I’ve also been made to watch A Christmas Carol (with Albert Finney) by J, so I’m sure that will make an appearance this year too!
- Have you ever had a white Christmas? Yes. I was about 11 or 12 and my whole family stayed in a hotel on the Isle of Wight. I was on the beach and it was snowing!
- Where do you usually spend your holidays? I used to be with my parents, but now I have a quiet Christmas with J and see my parents the day after Boxing Day.
- What’s your favorite Christmas song? It’s probably got to be Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. It’s so over-played but what a beautiful tune!!
- Do you open presents on Christmas Eve? No, that’s just weird!!
- Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Hmmm…. Rudolph, Donner, Blitzen, Dancer (?), Prancer, Bernard, George and Martin? 😀
- What holiday traditions are you most looking forward to this year? Post-Christmas shopping with my mum, relaxing and not being at work!! 😀
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake? Fake, we have a black one. Gothic, innit?
- What is your all-time favorite Christmas sweet/treat? Terry’s Chocolate Orange. I cannot get enough!!
- Be honest: Do you love giving gifts or receiving them better? I love buying presents for people but I hate them opening them in front of me. I get all awkward and wonder if they’re pretending to like it!
- What is the best Christmas present you have ever received? My Grandma died 23 years ago on the 23rd December, I was absolutely heart-broken, but she’d already bought all our presents. Although I no longer have it, she’d bought me a furry cushion, with a vague cat shape on it and it had eyes. Okay, it was hideous, but I loved it because it brought back lovely memories 🙂
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holidays? Possibly New York, but other than that, I’d rather be at home!
- Are you a pro-present wrapper or do you fail miserably? The ideas in my head do not translate well … I’m shockingly bad at wrapping presents 🙁
- Most memorable holiday moment? Crying because I thought I’d ruined the first Christmas dinner I’d ever cooked. Turns out I hadn’t and it was all good!
- What made you realize the truth about Santa? I asked my mum if he was real and asked her to tell me the truth. I said that if I had children and I still believed and didn’t buy them presents because I thought Father Christmas would, the children would be heartbroken! 😀
- Do you make New Years Resolutions? Do you stick to them? I’ve not bothered for years, I never stick to them 😛
- What makes the holidays special for you? Not having to go anywhere or do anything. Spending time with my friends and family <3
If you decide to do the Christmas Tag too, let me know so I can read your answers 🙂 Happy Christmas!! x