I can’t believe how fast a year has gone. I wrote my first, and pretty shit if I’m being completely honest, blog post on 6th August 2015. You can read it here if you really feel the need to 😛 When I started I didn’t really have any idea what I was going to write about, how my blog would evolve or that I’d keep writing posts so regularly.
I’m pretty darned proud that I’ve kept it up for a whole year, so here are ten things I’ve learnt about blogging:
- Spending time to take the perfect shot makes me feel more proud of my blog. I’ve also learnt it can take hours. And sometimes tears. I’ve also learnt sometimes I don’t need to be so much of a perfectionist.
- I still care about stats, but in a different way than I did when I first started. I write more for me now.
- It’s okay to turn down opportunities because they don’t fit with my blog. Although who doesn’t want to review a sex toy that been used in a promo vid? (Me, that’s who!)
- Non-bloggers really, really do not understand blogging, think it’s easy as hell to bash out a quick post and don’t understand when you’re trying to take food flatlays. Don’t touch the food till I’ve finished! FFS.
- People are not only curious about blogging but are also blunt about it “oh, you’re a blogger? How much do you get paid?” Well, how much do YOU get paid? What kind of sex do you like? Why is that somehow more inappropriate than what you’re asking me?
- There are massively supportive online blogging communities who build each other up rather than tearing them down. However, there are some people who will argue just for the sake of it. And that’s what the mute buttons are for.
- I have more patience than I thought I did. I own a product I bought over a month ago but haven’t used it as I haven’t been able to get that perfect photo yet.
- It’s okay not to blog if I don’t feel like it and don’t beat myself up for not posting. It’s less stressful that way and my posts aren’t forced and crap. Hopefully.
- I own too much stuff. I have a chest of drawers full of products and samples. It’s now starting to encroach into J’s drawer. Oops.
- Scheduling tweets is necessary but a massive pain in the arse. I love spending my evenings scheduling, honest!
What have you learnt since you started blogging? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x