I figured I’d try something quick and fun for today’s post, so here is my Beauty Blogger Tag 🙂
I used to have really tight ringlets, until my mum cut them off because I screamed when she tried to brush them! If I leave it to dry naturally, it’s pretty wavy 🙂
2. What is your natural hair colour?
I’m a natural blonde but my hair started going darker when I was about 7. It’s now pretty dark brown.
3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I generally tend to dye it myself but I have had it done in a salon before.
4. How often do you wash your hair?
Mostly everyday because it looks really greasy if I don’t wash it. Sometimes if I can’t be arsed, I’ll leave it for a day before washing it again.
5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
I usually wear it up in a ponytail or bun. If I’m going out, I’ll wear it down; straight, wavy or curled!
6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do my own. I used to go to a salon on the Isle of Wight and get gel nails but when I moved to Brighton, I stopped having them done.
7. How often to you change your nail polish?
I mostly forget to wear it!
8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
For work? 5 minutes tops. If I’m going out for the day then maybe 15 mins but if I’m doing a full face, sometimes it’ll take about half an hour because I try so hard to get it looking right!
10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Eyes, because they usually screw up for me 😛
11. Do you “collect” makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I think I collect it now! I love trying new colours and brands.
12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Very rarely because I’m not patient enough lol
13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
No, I just do eyebrows and eyeliner.
14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Yep, especially lipstick, then I get more confident wearing bolder colours!
15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Quite often. Sometimes I can’t be arsed.
16. How many high end products do you have?
Some. Mostly Estée Lauder.
17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Once a week or so *cough* when I remember *cough*
18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
If I’m going to work, I’ll put out clothes the night before so I don’t have to decide what to wear in the morning when I’m rushing to get ready. At the weekends or on days off, I’ll just wear whatever I fancy.
19. How often do you change your handbag?
About twice a year. I have a darker handbag for autumn/winter and a lighter handbag for spring/summer. I used to buy loads of handbags and change them every few months, but the ones I have now I love!
20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I generally go to bed anywhere between 9 and 11 pm. My alarm goes off at 7.40 am for work and on the weekends, I’m usually up by 9!
21. How often & when do you workout?
Erm. Never? That’s really bad, isn’t it? I did go to a pole dancing fitness class last week though! That was really fun, although my poor muscles hate me at the moment. I did love it enough to book back in though 🙂
22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
Left handed. Very, very left-handed!
23. How tall are you?
I’m 5’7. Seems to be a pretty reasonable height 🙂
24. Do you speak a foreign language?
I can just about scrape by in conversational French, you know the kind of thing; “where’s the library?” “when is your birthday?” “how much for this?” All the important things 😀
25. How many pets do you have?
Just one cat. For now 😛
26. How often are you on Blogger?
Never, I use WordPress.
27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
Do you mean do I read the comments people leave on my blog? Then yes, every single one 🙂
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Ooooh, no, but that’s a great idea!!
29. How did you come up with your blog name?
J chose it for me 🙂
30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I just use the camera on my phone.
31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
Every few days.
32. What is your favourite colour?
33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
I’ve never really been into beauty/fashion mags. I prefer the intellectual ones, “Chat”, “Take a Break” or “That’s Life”. It’s my guilty secret 😛
34. Do you swear?
Probably too much, but I try to think about my surroundings when I do it. I find myself cringing listening to young’uns on the buses effing and jeffing when there are small children about.
35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Put away the shopping, potentially make a secret cake for an upcoming blog post, maybe do a DIY facial and flump on the sofa watching shit TV. OH… And try my new Christmas jumper on (J has gone to pick it up from Asda for me, along with the food shopping – We have YULE LOG 😀
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading the tag and were thinking about how you’d answer these questions 😛 If you do the tag, let me know, I love being nosey 😀 x
Great post lovely .. I loved getting to know you more!
Thank you sweetheart 😊 x
Fab post Holly, this was brill to read huni 🙂 Slight confession here too… so with you on the magazines, I love those real life ones too (though I do enjoy my beauty ones, especially when there’s a decent freebie involved lol lol) XXXXX
Thanks sweetie 😊 I’ve not read any for so long, not now I read blogs xx
I’m kinda going that way too huni, my reading time is so darn limited this year 😀 XXX
Your user name is an Xbox generated name? I thought it was some deep meaning, lol.
Oooh a lefty – I am intrigued by lefties. There seems to be a lot on blogs too. Or maybe I just notice them more.
I feel 5’7″ is the ideal height! I am 4″ shy of that unfortunately.
Ah sorry to disappoint!
What intrigues you about lefties? 😜
5’7 isn’t too bad for me, suits my frame I guess 😁
Oh hey I’m left handed too. I’m not the only one!!!! Lol I am like the only one that I know That’s left handed. Also how was the pole dancing fitness class? I don’t think I could do that I’d be afraid of falling on my face. Lol
Hey fellow leftie! How weird, I know loads!
It was really good thanks, although I ached until yesterday, mostly because I’m so unfit 😜 x
Oh no. Fortunately if you keep going you’ll be less sore…😆
Well that’s the theory lol. Not sure how I’ll actually do but I am booked for this week already 😁
I’m left-handed too – Hi-5 to us! 5’7 is pretty tall to me, I’m only 4’11 haha 🙂
Yay, hi fellow leftie 😁 crumbs, that is a height difference 😜 x
I do like being short though so it’s all good x
I find trousers the issue. I have king legs. Standard length is a tad short but long is too long lol x