Okay, so I don’t particularly the evenings getting dark super early and I really don’t do well with cold weather, there are still some things I absolutely love about this time of year; here’s my list of my favourite things about autumn!
1. Wearing boots – During the summer I tend to wear trainers a lot (or sliders if I’m pottering round the garden). Now that it’s getting colder, I prefer wearing boots because I can wear them without sweating loads!! I have an extensive collection of boots; including a few pairs of ankle boots and two pairs of knee high boots!! I also have a pair of mid-top Converse with fleece lining which are perfect for cold weather 🙂
2. Drinking hot chocolate – The colder evenings are perfect for snuggling on the sofa with a big steaming mug of hot chocolate and marshmallows. Not only does it feel super cosy, but it also warms up my hands 🙂 We love the Asda instant hot chocolate and after making it with water, we add a little bit of milk to make it feel creamy!
3. Snuggling – Talking of snuggling, during the summer months, snuggling is a no go! It’s hot, it’s sticky and sweaty and it’s just all kinds of unpleasant! Now the weather is colder, snuggling is much nicer, whether it’s in bed or under a blanket on the sofa watching films!
4. Halloween – Although we don’t actually celebrate Halloween in our house, and we’ve never had trick or treaters turn up at our door, I absolutely love the spooky season (goth for life). I love the decorations in the shops, the “spooky” treats and all the horror films on TV! This is one of the charity shops in Brighton, they always go all out for their Halloween window displays!!
5. Watching fireworks – We have decking at the front of our house and amazing surrounding views of the Sussex Downs. There are loads of firework displays around Bonfire night so we often sit outside and watch them all for free!
6. Wearing jumpers – I have so many cute jumpers and I hate having to pack them away in summer. Now it’s autumn, I can start wearing them again 😀 I absolutely love this pumpkin jumper from Craft Skies!
7. Autumnal décor – I love getting out the pumpkin ornaments during autumn, it feels so festive 🙂
8. Leaves – I not only love the changing colours of the leaves, I love going on walks through big piles of crunchy leaves (as long as there’s no hidden poo underneath!!)
9. Comfort food – Autumn is all about getting the slow cooker out and making delicious hearty recipes like beef ragu, sausage casserole and lamb tagine!! Autumn is also great for making desserts like apple crumble and syrup sponge pudding 🙂
10. Mr Bear gets into bed – During summer, Mr Bear rarely comes into our bedroom and tends to sleep on the sofa in the lounge. When it starts getting colder, he loves to snuggle on the bed and often weasels his way under the duvet and sleeps in the bed with us 🙂
What do you love about autumn? Are you a fan or do you prefer the summer months? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x