I’m excited to try out my new palette and as it comes with a handy guide on how to do different smoky eyes, I thought I’d try out a couple of looks from it! The first look I thought I’d try is the Iconic UD Smoky Eye:
As you can see, there are quite a lot of steps to this, which seems a bit time-consuming to me! Also, what the hell does wrapping colour round the eyes mean??
- Instructions: Really thorough, but there are a lot of steps and some of them seem a bit too much!
- Time: >5 minutes.
- Look: It’s definitely a smoky eye look, it looks pretty and would look really good for an evening out!
- Would I wear it again?: I think I’m too lazy to spend that long on my eyeshadow to be honest, but I’ll definitely use the palette again 🙂
- Verdict: 2.5/5.
I also thought I’d try the Smoky Cat:
I much prefer this look, it definitely seems easier to do than the Iconic Eye.
- Instructions: Again, there are a lot of steps, some of which you can skip, like finishing the look with lipstick.
- Time: <5 minutes.
- Look: I love the smoky gold look and it brings out the brown of my eyes. It’s also a good to experiment with different eyeliner flicks as well.
- Would I wear it again?: I would definitely wear this again, although I might do a slightly quicker version next time.
- Verdict: 4/5.
Which look do you prefer, the Iconic or the Cat? Have you ever used the guides that come with palettes? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x