Now I’m in my thirties (damn, really!) I feel I really need to step up my night-time routine, and when I say step it up, I mean actually have one. I seem to be blessed with a young-looking face but one day, it’s all gunna go and I’m going to be left wishing I’d tried to do something about it while I still could.
Back in December, Hayley (of Hayley Hall and We Are Thirty Plus) hosted the #Avene30Plus Twitter chat to promote the launch of the Eau Thermale Avène* new Physiolift skin care products which are “formulated to help the skin look radiant, firm, nourished and comfortable, even for people with sensitive, ageing skin.”
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend the chat, but the We Are Thirty newsletter offered bloggers the chance to try out some of the products. I received the PhysioLift eye cream designed to fill wrinkles, smooth skin, reduce puffiness and combat dark circles, the PhysioLift night balm to smooth and regenerate wrinkles and furrows which also claims to refresh and firm the skin, and finally, the Thermal Spring Water which is a water mist which you can spray directly on your face, sunburn, dry or itchy skin and even razor burn!
- First Impressions: Even after reading the information that came with the products, I was pretty sceptical, but I dutifully applied the night balm and eye cream every evening without fail. It felt really nice to have an evening routine and the products were so easy to apply and didn’t feel like they just sat on my skin.
- Two months on: I’m actually impressed, my dark circles are definitely less obvious and my eyes feel a lot less puffy. I used to have a deep furrow on the bridge of my nose where I was assaulted about 10 years ago and it has now dramatically reduced! The water feels pretty refreshing on my skin but I’ve not had the need to use it for anything else yet.
- Value for money: The night balm is £26 for 30ml, the eye cream is £22 for 15ml and the water is £3 for 50ml. This seems to be the average sort of price for products marketed as “anti-aging”. You can even pick up Avène products in Boots.
- Will I use it again?: I’d definitely be tempted to buy the Physiolift products again and look at some of their other products; Day Smoothing Cream, I’m looking at you!!
- Verdict: 4/5. The only reason it’s not a 5 is because when I started out, I applied the night balm to my neck as instructed but it left a slightly weird yellowy looking mark on my pillow (although it came out when I washed the pillow.) The only other negative thing I’d say is more from a blogger perspective; the colour of the packaging and writing made this product so incredibly difficult to photograph!
Do you use anti-aging products yet? What’s your go-to product? If you don’t, do you think it’s something you’ll look into when you start getting older? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*PR sample but views are my own.