Now I’m in my thirties (damn, really!) I feel I really need to step up my night-time routine, and when I say step it up, I mean actually have one. I seem to be blessed with a young-looking face but one day, it’s all gunna go and I’m going to be left wishing I’d tried to do something about it while I still could.
Back in December, Hayley (of Hayley Hall and We Are Thirty Plus) hosted the #Avene30Plus Twitter chat to promote the launch of the Eau Thermale Avène* new Physiolift skin care products which are “formulated to help the skin look radiant, firm, nourished and comfortable, even for people with sensitive, ageing skin.”
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to attend the chat, but the We Are Thirty newsletter offered bloggers the chance to try out some of the products. I received the PhysioLift eye cream designed to fill wrinkles, smooth skin, reduce puffiness and combat dark circles, the PhysioLift night balm to smooth and regenerate wrinkles and furrows which also claims to refresh and firm the skin, and finally, the Thermal Spring Water which is a water mist which you can spray directly on your face, sunburn, dry or itchy skin and even razor burn!
- First Impressions: Even after reading the information that came with the products, I was pretty sceptical, but I dutifully applied the night balm and eye cream every evening without fail. It felt really nice to have an evening routine and the products were so easy to apply and didn’t feel like they just sat on my skin.
- Two months on: I’m actually impressed, my dark circles are definitely less obvious and my eyes feel a lot less puffy. I used to have a deep furrow on the bridge of my nose where I was assaulted about 10 years ago and it has now dramatically reduced! The water feels pretty refreshing on my skin but I’ve not had the need to use it for anything else yet.
- Value for money: The night balm is £26 for 30ml, the eye cream is £22 for 15ml and the water is £3 for 50ml. This seems to be the average sort of price for products marketed as “anti-aging”. You can even pick up Avène products in Boots.
- Will I use it again?: I’d definitely be tempted to buy the Physiolift products again and look at some of their other products; Day Smoothing Cream, I’m looking at you!!
- Verdict: 4/5. The only reason it’s not a 5 is because when I started out, I applied the night balm to my neck as instructed but it left a slightly weird yellowy looking mark on my pillow (although it came out when I washed the pillow.) The only other negative thing I’d say is more from a blogger perspective; the colour of the packaging and writing made this product so incredibly difficult to photograph!
Do you use anti-aging products yet? What’s your go-to product? If you don’t, do you think it’s something you’ll look into when you start getting older? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*PR sample but views are my own.
I have been using AVENE products for years now, and I can honestly say I am in love with the results.
In the morning I always wipe my face with a cotton pad with Avene micellar water on it, then I use the Avene Hydrance Optimale cream for mixed skin, then comes the makeup. In the evening after the scrub I’m using ( every night !) to take off my makeup, I use the micellar water again to clean the skin of any makeup residue, then comes the for mixed skin ( this says it is a day emulsion but I use it at night) or the Avene Ysheal Emulsion for mixed skin.
I always buy Avene Physiolift Emulsion or Avene Ysheal Emulsion, one or the other, each of them works just as well as the other!!
I am 38 years old and everybody says I am 25:)
Wow sounds like you have a fab routine with the Avene products!
I don’t have any night time routines, but I’d definitely need one!
<3: Jasmin N | Little Things With Jassy
I’ve only just started but I love having a routine, it gets my mind ready for sleep 🙂 x
I’ve never heard of these before but to be honest I wish I could afford to spend that much on myself but I never can. They look amazing though. Brilliant blog post Holly
Thanks lovely 😊 maybe you should treat yourself one day! Xx
I wish I could hun, maybe 1 day Xx
I’ve heard many good things about this brand, I’m curious to try it.
I’d definitely recommend it, I look so much less tired note, despite not sleeping that well recently 😊😊 x
I’m an Avene fan! I like their Eluage range which contains Retinaldehyde, a more gentle form of retinol. I noticed I started having laugh lines and wanted something to tackle it and the Eluage cream helpe a great deal! I’m going to start using the Eluge eye cream soon too. Great products and really reasonably priced too!
I’d not heard of them before but I love that I could pick them up quite locally. I’d definer look into buying some when these products run out!
I’ve actually used the water on razor burn now and it’s really helped!
Don’t worry so much about aging…you are way younger than I am and I do not even skip a beat. I am living until I can live no more but I am not going to let it take up one minute of my precious time…LOL…take care of your body and keep it moving…
Thank you 🙂 x