Back in February, I bought this contour kit from Collection but I only tried it once and then shoved it in my make-up drawer to gather dust. I decided I couldn’t get on with it and that I’d never learn how to use it properly; especially as I was using a blusher brush because I didn’t actually own a contour brush. Yeah, I know right? What kind of beauty blogger am I??
But a couple of weeks ago I finally picked up an angled one at the Crownbrush/Vanity X event, along with a tapered crease brush for contouring my nose, so I thought it was finally time to give contouring another go 🙂
The Collection Contour Kit is really basic which is just perfect for people like me who have no idea what on earth they’re supposed to be doing with it! It’s a powder kit and there are only two sections; highlight and contour. I think I applied it with too much of a heavy hand though as it does look pretty obvious and dark, although I think some of that was down to the lighting as well!!
Collection Contour kit review:
- First Impressions: With only two colours to pick it seems quite easy and now having watched some YouTube videos, I have a good idea where it’s all supposed to go!
- How did I get on?: It was a little bit weird at first because the brown comes out quite dark, but with a lot of blending, it looks pretty natural. I absolutely love the highlighter; especially on my cheekbones!
- Value for money: It was about £5 when I bought it, but it seems to be on sale at Boots for £2.99. Both prices are still incredibly good.
- Will I use it again?: 100% I’ll be using it again. I really love how easy it is and can change the shape of your entire face. I’m definitely going to have fun practising with it!
- Verdict: 5/5.
- First Impressions: The brushes are so soft, they feel really nice on my skin. They seem to pick up colour really well.
- How did I get on?: They’re so easy to use and the angle of the contour brush is great for precise lines.
- Value for money: The contour brush is about £9 and the tapered crease brush is about £3.50 which is really good value.
- Will I use it again?: I’ll definitely use these brushes again and I’ll probably look into to getting some more because I love the three I now have!
- Verdict: 5/5.
Do you have a go-to contour kit or is it something you’ve not tried yet? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x