So today I have to wait in for the nice Anglian man to fix the window lock, so while I’m waiting, (any time between 8am and 5pm!) I’m going to attempt to follow a tutorial for a gold eye look!
I have five different palettes which contain gold shades, so I’m sure I’ll be able to match something! I found this tutorial online on Become Gorgeous and thought it looked really pretty:
This is what I used to try and recreate the look (all from Boots):
- Sleek Storm Palette. I used Sand Storm (1) and Eye of the Storm. (2)
- Rimmel Kohl eyeliner pencil (Jet Black).
- Rimmel eyebrow pencil (Hazel).
- Maybelline Big Eyes mascara.
- Ecotools Eye Enhancing Duo Brush set which are “Shade & Define” and “Blend & Smudge”.
- Step 1: Add gold to your lids – Seems easy enough so far!
- Step 2: Add brown to your crease, along the brow bone and down to the lashline – I’m not sure I really got it high enough but I think perhaps I just needed to bit a bit more confident with what I was doing!
- Step 3: Blend the brown in – This is the moment to add more brown along the brow bone, which I did as it didn’t look defined enough once I’d opened my eyes.
- Step 4: Add some brown to your lower lid – I’ve never done that before and managed to flick loads of bits of eyeshadow in my eye, smooth!!
- Step 5: Add eyeliner to the top lid and smudge it in, then add eyeliner to the lower lash line – Finally, a step I can do with ease!!
- Step 6: Add Mascara – Try not to get it on your newly done eyeshadow!!
- Step 7: Fill your eyebrows in – this wasn’t in the tutorial, but I have weak eyebrow game, so I need a little help!
I definitely don’t think I got the brown eyeshadow high enough, but as my eyes are deep set, (well I’ve been told that before, but I don’t know if they are?!) I think eyeshadow any higher up may have ended up looking silly!! I really like this look, it was easy to follow the instructions and this is definitely a gorgeous date/evening look.
- Instructions: 5/5.
- Time: It took me about 10 minutes of faffing because I wanted to get the brown right, everything else was really quick.
- Look: It’s really pretty and definitely brings out the brown in my eyes.
- Would I wear it again?: Definitely.
- Verdict: 4.5/5
Would you wear this gold eyeshadow look? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x