2020 felt like a whole bloody decade crammed into a year, didn’t it? Things were going pretty great, then the first lockdown happened and life hasn’t really been normal since.
Since March 2020, I’d been having really vivid dreams and definitely hadn’t been getting enough sleep. My dark under-eyes were incredibly noticeable, especially when wearing a face mask.
Thankfully, the Biolumin-C eye serum from Dermalogica has really come to the rescue. It’s a supercharged Vitamin C eye serum which helps the appearance of ageing caused by eye movement and environmental stresses. It’s a lightweight serum that brightens, visibly firms skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The eye serum was also featured in the Caroline Hirons Summer Box and, as we know, she’s known to be one of the go-to gurus for all things beauty and skincare!!
I’ve been using it twice (well okay mostly just once a day because I often tend to forget in the evenings) a day round my orbital bones (that’s the eye socket FYI). I also remember learning somewhere that, with eye products, you pat it onto your skin and don’t ever wipe it on because apparently it can damage the fragile skin and make wrinkles look worse!
- My eyes have definitely been looking brighter and less “zombie make-up”-like
- The serum smells absolutely lovely, it’s just like oranges
- The thin tip makes the product really easy to apply a few dots round the eye
- The serum is cold so it always feels soothing on the eyes
- The tiniest amount of serum goes an incredibly long way
- The product is cruelty-free and vegan and doesn’t have any artificial colours or fragrances added
- At £63 for 15ml the serum has a really hefty price tag
- It can take a while for the serum to dry and, before it does, it sometimes feels a bit tacky on the skin
- If you accidentally apply too much, it’s really hard to get the excess off without tissue or a cotton pad
My overall verdict:
I’ve definitely noticed my eyes looking brighter and my dark circles are less noticeable but I’m not sure I’ve really noticed a reduction in the fine lines and wrinkles. Perhaps I’m just getting to that age where nothing I do can save me now lol. I love the smell and the overall ease of use, but I’m not a huge fan of having to wait ages for the serum to be absorbed and dry.
I think that if you’re in the market for a high-end eye serum and you want to brighten your eyes, this product is definitely for you. If you’re looking for a miracle wrinkle-reducing serum and you’re looking to save the pennies, I’d perhaps suggest looking elsewhere.
Have you tried the Dermalogica Biolumin-c eye serum? What’s your favourite eye cream/serum to use? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*This product was kindly sent to me with no obligation to post but views, and eyes, are my own.