I’m so excited because tomorrow will be my first ever blogger meet up and I can’t blimmin’ wait. I’m going to the Brighton Blog Meet, hosted by the amazing Laura of Lola and Behold and I’m going to get to meet some of the incredible women who I’ve admired since I started blogging last August.
I also found out on Monday that I got a place on the first #TheGirlGang meetup! I’m super excited about that as well although it’ll be slightly more of a pain in the ass to get to; The Brighton meet up is only a 30 min bus to the Brighton venue v’s The Girl Gang event which will be an 8 hour coach trip to Manchester!
While being excited and writing a random post about blogger meetups, I suddenly realised I have no frame of reference for going to one, so I’m gunna make my own rules up and hope for the best:
- I must remember to take my camera/phone, make sure they’re both fully charged and take my chargers too. I must also remember to actually use them to take photos. Seriously, I always forget to take photos of things I’m meant to be photographing!!
- I know some of the other bloggers are new to events too so I’ve been following the event hashtag on Twitter (#Btonblogmeet) and joining in the conversations. I’ve now made a pre-event friend and we’re gunna rock up together to make it less scary 😀
- I’m not a massive drinker anyway, but I’m definitely staying away from the alcohol! No one wants to see me crying in the corner because my camera’s broken (or ya know, I just left the lens cap on, definitely done that a few times!!)
- The main reason for these events is networking, so I must remember to meet as many people as possible and get their details so I can go on a massive blog follow afterwards!
- The biggest one of all, thank the hostess for the event, write a lovely blog post about my experience with all the photos I’ve remembered to take and have lots of fun 😀
Have you been to a blogger event/meet up before, what tips would you give me as a first-timer? Let me know in the comments section below 🙂 I hope you have a great weekend and if you’re coming to the meetup tomorrow, I’ll see you there 😀 x