You know sometimes when you’re sitting with your regular friends, you start talking about blogging and they just don’t get it? And although I love my friends, I’ve come to realise that there are so many awesome reasons to have other bloggers as friends. So I thought I’d share my list about why I think bloggers make the best friends (apart from a few of my closest non-blogger friends of course!)
- They’re happy to let you take about 50 flatlay pics of your lunch because they’re doing exactly the same thing and none of you mind that it’s going cold. They also don’t mind too much when you ask them to move because their boobs are casting a shadow over half the table.
- They’ll message you to tell you where they’ve just seen the most amazing props for blog photos, how much they are and what colours they come in. Oh and they’ll probably provide you with WhatsApp pics as well.
- They understand when you rant at them about a PR asking for follow links on a blog post for £5. FIVE WHOLE BLOODY POUNDS!
- You can ask them for advice about your upcoming post and you know they won’t give you the answer you want to hear (that it’s fab and wonderful). Instead you’ll get some honest feedback and they’ll probably spot massive errors you wouldn’t have even noticed; usually obvious spelling msitakes or the same sentence written twice in a paragraph!
- They share your excitement about new product launches and make the exact same “oooooh” noises about them 😀
- If you have lipstick on your teeth or eyeshadow fall out over your cheek, they will always tell you.
- They always have the best recommendations; whether it’s makeup, skincare, restaurants, the cutest stationery or where to get the best embroidered jeans. They’ve always got you covered.
- If they get a fab invite to an event and you don’t, they’ll try and wangle you onto the guest list as well 😀
- They get it when you want to take hundreds of outfit photos in pretty much exactly the same pose. For two hours. And it starts to rain but you haven’t got “The Shot” yet.
- When they come to visit you, you can act like tourists and take them all all the best Insta spots round town!
- You can chat to them about SEO, DA and you don’t have to explain what any of it means, they just know.
- Blogger friends will retweet your promos on Twitter and tell everyone how awesome they think you are!
- They get excited for you when you reach a big milestone; 1,000 blog views in a day, 5k Twitter followers or even 100 Instagram followers; your blogger friends are throwing you an online party complete with balloon emjois!
- Whenever you’re having a down day about whatever, they always know the right gifs to cheer you up ♥
- They’re always so inspiring; whether they’re killing it with their photography, writing deep and meaningful posts or making fab vlogs, they just make you want to blog your little heart out!
- And whether you’ve met them in “real life” or they’re (for now) a blog friend on the end of a tweet, an Insta story or a WhatsApp message, you know they’ve always got your back!
What do you love most about having blogger friends? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x