I did have a big Halloween post planned, but to be honest, this weekend has been a chill out and re-charge my batteries kinda weekend instead. Although I did get a bunch of blog photos taken. Which was nice!
So, I figured I could share some facts about me, with a Halloween twist. Obviously.
- I have never been trick or treating. It wasn’t really a thing growing up in the late 80s/early 90s and by the time it became a commercial holiday, I was a bit too old 🙁
- I’m not a fan of pumpkin which makes me sad as I’d love to buy one to carve but it seems like a waste of insides! I think that means I have to hand my blogger card back in as it means I don’t like PSLs.
- My favourite Halloween-related/scary films are The Crow and Rob Zombie’s re-make of Halloween.
- My most gruesome accident was when I was about 9. I was in my friend’s tent during the day and as I went to stand up to leave, the tent collapsed and I fell over. Right on to a garden spike. It pierced just under the lower lash line of my left eye and missed puncturing my eyeball by millimetres!
- Although I didn’t go out for Halloween this year, I did have a play with some scar wax and had a go at creating some werewolf scratches. I didn’t like the scar wax I used as it was transparent rather than skin colour and it was incredibly hard to get any out of the pot. Of course after I’d done it, it turns out J had an unopened pot from Halloween a few years ago. And it was skin-coloured. Typical. I also used congealed blood and my bruise wheel, but I wish I’d bought a pot of Ben Nye’s fresh scabs as well, as the congealed stuff had a tendency to drip.
What did you get up to for Halloween? Do you do anything for it? Let me know in the comments below :[ x