We all know it’s the season for colds, flu and generally feeling run down so I’ve tried to find the perfect products to help me stay healthy this winter.
It’s also party season, time for families and getting closer to people than you generally would so I’ve also been testing out products to keep my mouth in tip-top condition for those awkward kisses with relatives and people you haven’t seen for years!
Here are my top five products for surviving the winter months:
1. Naturaline Lip Balm* – My lips are always dry in winter so I tend to bite them a lot which leads to gross-looking ulcers 🙁 I’ve loved this Naturaline lip balm with pomegranate extract, vitamin E, shea butter, and almond and macadamia nut oils. To me it tastes exactly like a bag of fruit sweets; like Jelly Tots or Starburst, (and yes I do know you’re not meant to eat it), it also feels so soft and nourishing on my lips. It’s also vegan although this one does contain tree nut oils. I’ve kept it in my bag to keep my lips looking amazing this winter.
2. Vitaminstore Effervescent Vitamin C Tablets – There are great for a multivitamin and mineral boost in the morning. I plop one into a glass of water and down it as fast as possible once it’s stopped fizzing, because I’m not the biggest fan of the orange flavour! They also contain vitamins B1, 2, 6 and 12, whilst also containing folic acid, magnesium and zinc!! The vitamin C helps reduce tiredness and, along with zinc, helps the immune system too 🙂
3. Grether’s Pastilles* – These have been a lifesaver this winter! As I work in an office, colds and bugs are always going round and these tasty blackcurrant-flavoured pastilles are brilliant for soothing sore throats and voices. They’re really tasty and I like the fact they’re quite chewy so they feel more like sweets. As I use the phone a lot in my job I keep these on my desk in case of voice-related emergencies 😀 They also come in different flavours and there are sugar-free versions too 😀
4. Superdrug Antibacterial Hand Gel – This is an essential product, especially because I’m a bus wanker and usually take public transport everywhere, and people sneeze and cough into their hands and touch ALL the things 🤢🤢 The bottle is tiny and easily fits in my handbag. A little goes a very long, plus there’s also a handy loop to pop it on a keyring if you want to 😀 This one is fragrance free although it does smell a bit like alcohol.
5. The Breath Co. Oral Rinse* – There’s nothing worse than getting up close and personal to your nearest and dearest for Christmas hugs and kisses and finding out they have super bad breath or, even worse, finding out it’s you with death breath!! This mouthwash not only freshens breath with a gorgeous clean mint flavour, it protects from plaque and tartar and apparently improves the appearance of unsightly gums. My gums aren’t unsightly so I don’t know how true this claim is, but I do know my breath seems a lot fresher and stay mintier for longer 🙂 I’ve been using this twice a day and I’m super happy with the results 🙂
What are your go-to products to see you through winter? Let me know in the comments below 🙂 x
*These products were kindly sent to me by Sparkle PR but views, winter snuffles and a kissable mouth are my own. The kissable mouth is also J’s.